The Asian Women In Business (AWIB) is now awarding AWIB Scholarship to those exceptional Asian women who make a promising commitment to scholarship, leadership, community service, and/or entrepreneurship. AWIB has expanded its mission to address the identified needs and issues affecting the business and professional development of Asian Americans.
- This is to inform all the scholars that each Scholar will receive $2,500.
- There will be one or two candidates will be considered for an additional $2,500 (a total of $5,000) if qualified as lower income and if funds are available.
- These awards are expected to be applied towards tuition and other education-related expenses.
- Applicants must be female and of Asian or Pacific Islander ancestry (includes those who can trace their ancestry from Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam).
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time in an accredited 4-year undergraduate institution in the U.S. at the time of application and award
- Applicant must have maintain a minimum 3.0 (out of 4.0) undergraduate GPA at the time of application
- Applicant must have one or more of the following:
- A leadership role in a community endeavor
- A record of entrepreneurial achievement
- Applicant must be U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- For the additional $2,500, financial need must be demonstrated by submitting a copy of the most current FAFSA form and the Financial Aid Award Notice from the institution for the 2015-2016 academic year.
Last Date to apply : 1st October, 2015
For more details, please visit: http://www.awib.org/document/docWindow.cfm?