The Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST), Shibpur,has recently publishes the PhD scholarships for those candidates who wish to pursue their full time Doctor of Philosophy(PhD) program in Electronics and Telecommunication, Information Technology and VLSI under “Visvesvaraya PhD scheme” for the commencing session 2015.All those candidates who wants to apply for the same kindly fill the application form in a prescribed format before the due date.
- There will be total number of Scholarships are 15
- The duration of the Scholarship will be 5 years
- All the eligible scholars will receive the scholarship worth Rs.22, 500/- (likely to be revised to Rs. 31,250/) per month for first 2 years and Rs.25, 000/- (Likely to be revised to 35,000/-) per month for rest of the 3 years.
- All scholars will also get the Rent reimbursement up to 30% of scholarship amount paid per month.
- Also the annual contingency of Rs.30, 000/- .
- Fellows will receive the financial assistance up to Rs. 50,000/- for attending International conferences under this.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Candidates must have the M.Tech. in IT, Electronics, CS, EE and VLSI or equivalent with minimum 65% or 7.25 CGPA (60% or 6.25 CGPA for ST/ST candidates) at both the Bachelor’s (CS, EE, IT or Electronics) and Master’s level.
- Candidates also must have the GATE qualification to apply for the same.
- All those candidates who wish to apply for the same are informed that they must have 32 years of age as on 1st July 2015(date may be relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Woman candidate)
- The selection process of the eligible candidates will be done on the basis of Admission Test and/or Personal Interviews.
- Candidates may receive the application form from this website link : http://www.becs.ac.in/visvesaraya-phd-fellowship
- All candidates are required to pay Rs. 300/- (Rs. 150/- for the SC/ST candidates) by the mode of demand draft/pay order addressed to “Registrar, IIEST, Shibpur” and payable at Kolkata.
- The duly filled in application form along with Demand Draft and scanned copies of the documents must be mailed to:email@example.com
Last Date of Application: 30th June, 2015
Admission test: 3rd July, 2015.
Result Date: 3rd July, 2015 at 4:30 PM
Interview Date: 4th July, 2015
For more details, please visit: http://www.becs.ac.in/visvesaraya-phd-fellowship