britishcouncil.in : AS Hornby Educational Trust declares the Hornby Scholarships 2015
Hornby Scholarships 2015:
The A.S.Hornby Educational Trust is one of the reputed and a charitable trust which is registered in the UK and it has came into existence in year 1961 by A.S.Hornby itself with the help of those funds which are earned from the publication of the Oxford Advanced Learners’ Dictionary, which he himself created.
The Trust has a main aim to support the teaching of English as a foreign language in worldwide.
The Hornby Trust is inviting all those applicants who wish to apply for this. The trust also invites for applications for 1 long term scholarship for 1 year MA in English Language in view of teaching at Warwick University in the UK.
The final selection of the eligible candidates will be done on a South Asia regional basis, and applications need to be submitted by due date 30 January 2015.
Eligibility Criteria for Hornby Scholarships 2015:
- All those candidates who have successfully completed their undergraduate degree course which is equivalent to a Bachelors Degree in UK are eligible to apply for the same.
- The candidate must have at least 5 years’ hands-on and direct experience as an English language teacher/teacher trainer.
- The candidate must have been involved in some kind of developmental work as trainers or managers.
- The candidate must attained an overall minimum Band score 6.5 on the International English Language Testing Service (IELTS), with not less than 6 categories.
- The applications for full time UK based ELT Masters courses are eligible for Hornby Trust funding.
- The last date for submission of application is 30th January, 2015.
- After the due date there will be no applications will be accepted.
- Candidates are required to download the application form and needs to fill it completely with the required details and attach the following documents which are given below:
a) 2 supporting references – one must be from your current employer
b) certified photocopies of degree or certificates
c) Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Those applications will not accepted who are attached with the supported documents.
- Those candidate who wish to apply for the scholarship are required to complete the application form and send it to this website link:
britishcouncil.org by 30th January 2015.
- Selected candidates from India will be called for an interview on 16th February 2015.
- The final selection will be made regionally which includes those candidates who are from all South Asian countries .
- Please note that the candidate should not communicate directly with the UK institution, other than to request information on that university’s courses.
For more details please click here : http://www.britishcouncil.
Hornby – A S Hornby Educational Trust
The British Council,
58 Whitworth Street,
Manchester, M1 6BB