cbse.nic.in CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child 2014
CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child :
CBSE has recently announces the merit scholarship scheme to the meritorious Single Girl Students, who are the only child of their parents; and have passed the CBSE Class X Examination with minimum 60% marks or grades and are continuing their further school education of Class XI and XII in govt or govt aided schools. The main motive of this scheme is to recognize the efforts of the parents in promoting education among girls and to provide encouragement to meritorious girls students.
The total number of scholarships for an academic year shall be variable and shall awarded to all the “Single Girl Students” who have secured 60% marks or grades in the CBSE Class X final Examination in the particular year. The scholarship shall awarded on the merit basis and the list of the result of CBSE Class X Examination. The eligibility criteria shall be as under:
- All Single Girl Students are informed that they must have secured atleast 60% marks in previous final examination.
- And whose tuition fee is not more than Rs. 1,500/- per month during the academic year, and it shall be considered for the purpose.
- In the next two years, the total enhancement in tuition fee in such school shall not be more than 10% of the tuition fee charged in the previous year.
- The scholarship will be awarded to the Indian nationals only.
- The NRI applications of the respective board are also able to apply for this scheme.
- The tuition fees amount for the NRIs is decided Rs. 6,000/- p.m .
- Those applicants who have passed CBSE Class X Examination in the year of application will also be considered for this scholarship.
A Scholar, under the scheme while availing scholarship can enjoy other concessions given by the school in which she is studying or by other organizations.
Amount of the Scholarship:
The rate of scholarship shall be Rs. 500/- per month. A Scholarship will awarded under the scheme shall be paid for a maximum period of two years. The Payment mode will be made through demand drafts/ pay orders.