cdfd.org.in CDFD Hyderabad publishes the Research Scholarship Program 2015
Research Scholars Program – I – 2015
The CDFD (Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics) Hyderabad is a premier institute in the country, which provides services in DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics and conducts basic research in the frontier areas of modern biology
The current research themes include:
-Computational & Structural Biology
-Cancer and stem cell biology
-Genetics and epigenetics
-Molecular and cellular biology
The other important details are listed on our website www.cdfd.org.in
We are inviting the eligible applicants along with their filled in applications. These candidates are very much optimistic and willing to take up challenges in modern biology, for admissions to our Research Scholars program beginning July /August 2015.
Keeping in view the interdisciplinary nature of modern biology, we especially encourage the persons who are from diverse backgrounds to apply; those admitted as Research Scholars would be encouraged to apply for the PhD program of Manipal University or University of Hyderabad
For the admission to the CDFD Research Scholars program in July/August 2015 (RSP – I – 2015) will be made through two independent streams as described below:
- To be eligible for either streams all talented and eligible candidates must have a Masters degree in any branch of Science, Technology, or Agriculture from a recognized University/ Institute or MBBS.
- Candidates who have appeared for their final semester examination, but are awaiting results, are also eligible to apply Stream 1.
- Applicants who appeared for the Joint Graduate Entrance Examination for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences (JGEEBILS 2015), which was held on 14th Dec 2014 & apply to CDFD would be eligible for consideration in stream 1; from amongst these applicants, a shortlist of candidates (CDFD JGEEBILS-2015 shortlist) would be prepared, based on a cut-off determined by CDFD.
- These shortlisted candidates would be asked to directly appear for interviews on 20th June 2015 in Hyderabad. It is not obligatory for the candidates in the “CDFD JGEEBILS-2015 shortlist” to have qualified the CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR/BINC/INSPIRE NET/UGC-RGNF (for SC/ST candidates) or JEST for JRF.
- The candidates in the CDFD JGEEBILS-2015 shortlist who appear for the interview on 20th June 2015 will be paid to and fro sleeper class rail fare from the actual place of undertaking the journey or from the normal place of their residence whichever is nearer to Hyderabad on production of proof of undertaking the journey Stream 2.
- To be eligible for this stream, applicants must have qualified CSIR/UGC/DBT/ICMR/INSPIRE NET JRF/UGC – RGNF (for SC/ST candidates) or have qualified BINC exam conducted by the DBT with fellowship or GATE (All India Top 50 Ranks in Biotechnology [BT], Life Sciences [XL] or Chemistry [CY]) or JEST.
- Candidates having qualified for the Project – JRF fellowship under the ICMR funded project Scheme/ (which is only for a period of two years) / DBT JRF NET with a B.Tech (Biotechnology) degree /DBT JRF NET under DBT – B category list are NOT eligible to apply.
- MBBS candidates are exempted from any of the eligibility tests mentioned herein but must be below the age of 28 years as on the last date for receipt of application.
- Candidates (including those who appeared for JGEEBILS-2015 but do not figure in the CDFD JGEEBILS-2015 shortlist) who produce proof of having cleared the above mentioned exams will be allowed to appear for the LAN based examination conducted by CDFD on 18th June 2015.
- Candidates who qualify the written /LAN based exam on 18th June 2015 would be asked to appear for interview on 19th June 2015
Interested candidates (including those who have appeared for the JGEEBILS-2015) need to register their names for RESEARCH SCHOLARS PROGRAM – I – 2015 by applying in the prescribed application form online or by hard copy. The Online facility of application will open on 02nd March 2015 and will be closed on 13th May 2015.
Applications may also be made on plain paper as per the prescribed format. Candidates applying off-line may send their application form alongwith the certificates in support of Date of Birth, Educational qualifications, Caste and NET fellowship etc., to “The Head – Administration, Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD), Office Block: 2nd Floor, Bldg.7, Gruhakalpa, 5-4-399/B, M. J. Road, Nampally, Hyderabad-500001”,
so as to reach on or before 13th May 2015.
The Individual Admit Card / Hall Ticket with details of user name, password, venue of the examination and time will be sent through e-mail. No individual intimation letter would be sent. Spot registration for the LAN based exam on 18th June 2015. In the case of candidates whose JRF examination results are announced before the written / LAN based examination of CDFD takes place, and have qualified the NET with fellowship are also eligible to appear for the CDFD examination upon furnishing the relevant details of having cleared the JRF/NET with fellowship under “SPOT REGISTRATION” Category No TA/DA will be paid.
Director, CDFD reserves the right to accept / reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever
- Open date for submitting online application: 02nd March 2015 Last date for submitting online application: 13th May 2015
- Last date for receipt of offline/ postal application: 13th May 2015
- Display of CDFD JGEEBILS-2015 shortlist: 21st May 2015
- Display of list of candidates shortlisted for LAN Exam: 21st May 2015
- Date of the LAN Exam: 18th June 2015
- Date of Interview for those who qualify in the LAN Exam: 19th June 2015
- Date of Interview for the CDFD JGEEBILS-2015 shortlisted candidates: 20th June 2015
Contact Details :
Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics (CDFD),
Hyderabad Office block,
2nd Floor, Block No-7,
MJ Road, Nampally,