chevening.tal.net : Chevening Gurukul Scholarships for Leadership and Excellence 2015
The Chevening Fellowship programmes has specially offered the offer designed courses which is aimed at all the level of professionals who stands to mid to senior level from India and those who are looking to spread and also to expand their knowledge and expertise in their specific field of work. The scholarship programmes are tailored short courses which run for 8-12 weeks at a designated UK university.
The Chevening Gurukul Scholarship Programme is the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office’s flagship fellowship scheme for India. And it is aimed at mid-career and high-flying young professionals from different different backgrounds and having a strong and commandable leadership potential.
All the filled applications are invited from eligible and outstanding candidate from, private and non-governmental organisations:
- Applicant should be Independent and creative thinker
- An applicant is able to demonstrate the ability to develop collaboration between India and the UK, often in complex and fast-moving areas.
- An applicant will be able to work in different teams as well as individually, above all have the motivation to contribute constructively to the programme.
- An applicant must have an impressive experience of minimum 10 years’ as a professional.
Every year there will be 12 selected Gurukul Fellows will be offered an intensive, all expenses paid, 12 week residential course at King’s College London.
As we have started a stellar programme which shows the India’s future leaders with best practice case-studies of leadership in the various fields of government, innovation, health, and industry in the UK through a variety of standard and heterodox methods, ranging from seminars, role-playing scenarios, shadowing, and site visits. Some of the themes included in the 12 week programme are:
- The Challenge of Sustainability: Public Policy and Institutions in the 21st Century
- Stages of Democracy: Devolving Power and Governance in the 21st Century
- From Finance to Facebook: New Economies of Technology
- Regulating public life: New Rights and Judicial Activism
- Culture matters: The place of the arts in society
- Science, Technology, Industry: The Symbiotic Relationship in Practice
- Indo-UK Business and Trade Relations in the New Era
This course will be taught in team and besides that the academics from King’s College London and beyond, the faculty will comprise of leading professionals and practitioners from diverse sectors and policy leaders. This course consists the numerous site visits, which also includes the trip to Geneva where Fellows will discuss and also interact with the respective representatives of the international agencies such as the United Nations and World Trade Organization.
Fellowship will covers the furnished incentives:
- KCL study fees
- Accommodation for the Scholars.
- A subsistence allowance
- Return airfare from India to UK
- Travel to and from London and local travel in London
- Reimbursement of UK Visa
- Travel and accommodation on study visits
How to apply
All the eligible applicants are informed that the filled applications for the year 2015 Chevening Gurukul Scholarships for Leadership and Excellence Programme has been open now to accept the applications. You are required to click at this link to apply for the scholarship : https://chevening.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/appcentre-2/brand-2/user-11389/xf-0074f3d5365c/wid-1/candidate/so/pm/1/pl/5/opp/248-Chevening-Gurukul-Programme/en-GB