cmccuttack.gov.in How to Apply For Birth Certificate in Cuttack
Birth Certificate :
The birth certificate is the most essential identity document for every individual. It is a documents which is most useful to prove the date as well as the place of birth. Birth Certificate also proves the person’s age and identity as well. If you want to know more kindly read below:
Official Website : http://www.cmccuttack.gov.in
Importance of Birth Certificate :
The necessity and importance of a birth certificate is to avail facilities from a gamut of services which is offered by the government for its citizens. We require the birth certificate to avail the following facilities :
1. To prove parentage and family relationship For admission into Educational Institutes.
2. For recruitment in Armed Forces.
3. To exercise the Right to vote.
4. For availing an insurance policy.
5. To obtain driving licenses.
6. To obtain Passport Passport.
7. To Obtain PAN Card.
8. For claiming the right to marry at the legally permissible age.
9. For settlement of inheritance and property rights.
Legality of Birth Certificate :
In India it is very necessary under the Law (as per the Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969), to register every birth with the concerned State/UT within 21 days of its occurrence. The state government accordingly has provided a very structured system for registration of birth, with the Registrar General at the Centre and Chief Registrars in the states, running through district registrars to the village and town registrars at the periphery.
Eligibility criteria to obtain Birth Certificate :
If any applicant who is NRI or the state citizen then in that case the applicant is eligible to apply for the birth certificate. The birth certificate is generally issued to the parents in favour of child on the basis of application and specific amount deposited with application form to the concerned authority.
Process for Registering Birth Certificate :
1. There is a unique and simple process to obtain the Birth certificate in Orissa. Normally, head of the house or nearest relative of the head of the house or oldest person in the family, in case the event is occurring in the house is to inform the concerned authority about birth, i.e. to the Medical officer in-charge or any other officer authorized by him, in case of institutional event.
2. After ofthe birth the child in that case the institutions such as;. hospitals, nursing homes, clinics, etc. the authorities have to register the birth reports to the registrar of birth and death of the concerned jurisdictions.
3. In case of domiciliary births the household needs to submit the reports to the concerned authority for registering the birth event.
4. In case the birth occurs in the jail, then in that case the concerned jailer will inform for the same.
5. If the birth occurs in hostel, dharamshala, boarding house, lodging house etc. the event is to be informed to the concerned person-in-charge.
6. If in case the birth occurs in moving vehicle, the person-in-charge of the vehicle is required to informed about the birth.
Apply For Birth Certificate :
Cuttack Municipal Corporation is issuing Birth Certificate for the inhabitants of the City. CMC Health Officer who has been declared as the Registrar, Birth for the Cuttack City has been issuing such certificates on application within 24 hours after depositing the government fees in shape of treasury challan.
Birth Certificate Application Forms :
The required form can be available from Municipal Corporations / Municipalities / NACs / Other concerned local authority and it can be downloading by the applicant in some cases.
Important Documents to be attached with the application form :
1. Child’s full name.
2. Exact Date of Birth.
3. Order of birth Institution’s name where the child was born.
4. Full name of Father & Mother
5. Permanent residential address.
One can also send the discharge slip from the hospital / nursing home / health centre attached with the application form to obtain the birth certificate.
Availability of Certificate :
The individual can avail the birth certificate within a specified time as fixed by the authority after furnishing the formalities.
Concerned Authority for Registration of Birth/Issuance of Birth Certificate/Registering Complain :
Urban Areas :
In urban areas, the concerned authorities are fully responsible for Registration of Birth/Issuance of Certificate/Registration of Complaint.
1)Registrar (Birth and Death) –cum- Health Officer for Municipal Corporations
2)Executive Officer for Municipalities/NACs
Rural Areas :
In rural areas, the concerned authorities are fully responsible for Registration of Birth/Issuance of Certificate/Registration of Complaint.
1)Medical Officer in charge UGPHC (Upgraded Primary Health Centre)/CHC (Community Health Centre)/PHC (Primary Health Centre).