cmccuttack.gov.in Process to Apply For Death Certificate in Cuttack
About Death Certificate :
A death certificate is an important document which is generally issued by the government to the nearest relative of the deceased, stating the date, fact and cause of death. It is very important that after one month of the death occurrence the registration process must be started to obtain the same.
Official Website : http://www.cmccuttack.gov.in/
Why it is needed :
It is important to register death just to prove the exact date and time of death, to establish the fact of death for relieving the individual from social, legal and official obligations. It is also necessary to enable the individual for settlement of property inheritance, and to authorize the family to collect insurance and other benefits.
Legal Framework :
In India it is very necessary under the Law (as per the Registration of Births and Deaths Act, 1969), to register every death with the concerned State/ UT within 21 days of its occurrence. The state government has provided a very structured system for registration of death, with the Registered General at the Centre and Chief Registrars in the states, running through district registrars to the village and town registrars at the periphery.
Eligibility Criteria :
The death certificate has to be issued to the nearest of the deceased.
Concerned Authority :
a) In urban areas – Registrar (Birth and death)-cum-Health Officer for Municipal Corporations – Executive Officer for Municipalities/ NACs .
b) In rural areas – Medical Officer in charge UGPHC (Upgraded Primary Health Centre), CHC (Community Health Centre), PHC (Primary health Centre).
1. A death can be reported and registered by the head/ guardian of the family to the concerned authority in case the death occurs in the house.
2. The death can be registered by the medical in charge if it occurs in hospital
3. The death can be registered by the head man of the village or in charge of the local police if the body is found deserted in that area.
4. For applying death certificate, death has to be registered first to the concerned authority of the locality.
5. The form is available in the offices of local bodies.
How to apply for Death Certificate :
Cuttack Municipal Corporation is generally issues the Death Certificate for the inhabitants of the City. CMC Health Officer who has been declared as the Registrar, Death for the Cuttack City has been issuing such certificates on application within 24 hours after depositing the government fees in shape of treasury challan.