Areas of Research
- Electrical & Electronics (Material Science & Engg.)
- Mechanical/Thermal Engg
- Civil/Structural Engg.
- This fellowship will be stretched for 3 Years (may be extended for one more year )
- Junior Research Fellows(JRF) will also get a fellowship worth Rs. 20,000/- per month and Senior Research Fellows will get a fellowship worth Rs. 30,000/- per month.
- Senior Research Fellows and Junior Research Fellows shall get up to Rs.25,000/- as a lump sum payment per year, based on the recommendation of the committee.
- There will be also a 10% increment in Fellowship every year.
- A contingency expenditure up to Rs. 20,000/- during the programme.
- Expenditure towards attending seminars/training programmes relevant to the project, will be provided as per CPRI norms.
- For SRF: Candidate must be postgraduate in Engineering with 1st class in the relevant area of specialization with consistently high level of academic record, aptitude for research with valid GATE/ UGC NET score.
- For JRF: Candidate must be graduate in Engineering and also having first class with consistently high level of academic record, aptitude for research and valid GATE / UGC NET score.
- The upper age limit for Junior Research Fellow as well as Senior Research Fellow is 30 years maximum as on last date for submission of applications.
- The age relaxation by 3 years in case of OBC candidates and 5 years for candidates who falls under the belongs to SC/ST category.
- The selection process of the eligible candidates will be done on the basis on average percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in all semesters in the qualifying examination(Graduate/Postgraduate in Engineering) , GATE / UGC NET score and marks obtained in personal interview.
- All the shortlisted candidates are required to apply to VTU or any other centrally-funded/state-funded institute through “CPRI Research Centre” for admission to M.Sc.(Engg) / PhD.
- Those candidates who have passed the entrance examination & also an interview will be declared eligible for M.Sc.(Engg)/PhD, by such institutes will be awarded Fellowship by CPRI.
How to apply:
- Candidates are informed that they may download the application form from: http://www.cpri.in/careers.html?task=viewid&id=78
- Candidates are also required to pay an application fee which is Rs. 250/- for M.Sc.(Engg) / Rs.500/- for PhD.
- Fee payment will be paid by Demand Draft in favour of “Senior Accounts Officer, CPRI” payable at Bangalore, should be enclosed along with the application.
- All those candidates who falls under the SC/ST/PWD category are exempted from payment of application fee.
- The duly filled in application form along with Demand Draft and all the required documents/enclosures should be sent in a sealed cover superscribed with “application for JRF / SRF” to:
Joint Director (R&D), R&D Management Division,
Central Power Research Institute,
Prof.Sir C.V. Raman Road,
PB NO.8066, Sadashiva Nagar,
P.O. Bangalore – 560 080.
Last Date to apply : 24th June, 2015
For more details, please visit: http://www.cpri.in/careers.htm