cusat.nic.in Fellowship of Post Doctoral 2014 by Cochin University
About Post Doctoral Fellowship :
Cochin University of Science and Technology offers 7 Post Doctoral Fellowships for eligible and deserving students for one each in the Faculties of Science, Social Science, Law, Environmental Studies, Marine Sciences, Technology and Humanities. This Fellowship will be awarded for Rs.12,500/- per month and a contingency grant of Rs.20,000/- per annum. The minimum eligibility criteria for the award of the P.D.F. shall be Doctorate Degree in any of the faculty with minimum 2 research publications in approved journals. To know more kindly read below:
Official Website : https://www.cusat.nic.in/
Home Page : https://www.cusat.nic.
If any student wish to apply for PDF, then the student needs to identify a Mentor who shall be a permanent Faculty of the University, holding a Doctoral Degree and shall be recognized Research Guide of the University and prepare a Research Project Proposal in consultation with the Mentor in the specific format provided by the University and submit it to the same to the concerned Head/Director of the Department/School after authentication by the Mentor.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP :
Here we have provided some important terms and conditions for the Post Doctoral Research Fellowship which are furnished below:
1. Post Doctoral Fellowship (P.D.F.) will be awarded of the value of Rs 12,500/- per month with a Contingency Grant of Rs.20,000/- per annum and will be tenable at any concerned Department or School of study and Research of the University.
2. Required minimum qualification for the award of the P.D.F. will be a Doctorate Degree in any faculty of this University with minimum 2 research publications in approved journals.
3. The P.D.F. will be awarded for 1 year in the first instance and may be renewed according of the report of research work done by the concerned scholar and the recommendations of the Guide and the Head of the Department.
4. The P.D.F. will submit a quarterly progress report to the University through the Head of the Department.
5. a) 4 copies of consolidated report of the research work done by the candidate during the tenure of the fellowship shall be submitted minimum 1 month ahead of the end of tenure of the fellowship together with reprints of papers published, if any.
b) The final selection of the eligible candidate for the P.D.F. will be done by the Scholarship Committee constituted by the University.
c) Each and every fellow shall be a full time research scholar and should not accept any other remunerative work without the written permission of the University.
6. An application for the fellowship award should be forwarded through the concerned Head of the Department where the candidate is required to carry out his research work. A list of publications and reprints of publications should be submitted along with the application.
7. The selected candidate should make a bond to the effect that candidate will complete his/her research project.
8. A P.D.F. can be discontinue by his/her P.D.F. after obtaining sanction thereof from the University.
9. A Fellow are required to undertake 5 hours of teaching/research work per week, if so required by the Head of the Department.
10. The P.D.F. is eligible for 30 days of leave during one (same as for J.R.F.) on the recommendations of the Head of the Department.
11. The Syndicate may cancel the fellowship at any time on sufficient grounds as it deems fit.
PROCESS OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION :
The concerned application form of the fellowship and the other information may be downloaded from “Downloads” menu of the official website. The application fee can be paid by Demand Draft for Rs.100/- (Rs.50/- for SC/ST candidates) made in favour of concerned “The Registrar, Cochin University of Science & Technology”, payable at Ernakulam, from any Nationalized bank.
The completed online application form with all necessary documents which includes the application fee (Demand Draft) and the lists of publications and reprints of publications should reach the respective concerned department on or before 25.02.2014