delhi.gov.in Delhi Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Minority Students 2014-15
Merit-cum-Means based Scholarship for Minority Students (2014-15) :
Merit-cum-Means based scholarship for the year 2014-15 is specifically designed for those candidates who are belongs from minority community and having low income (Fresh/Renewal) for students of National Capital Territory of Delhi belonging to the Minority Communities (Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Farsi, Buddhist and Jain). The online applications can be filled by the eligible students from the state.
1. Online applications are invited from the students belonging to Minority Communities for pursuing technical or professional courses at under Graduate/Post Graduate level in an institution recognized by an appropriate authority through their respective institution for Merit cum-Means based scholarship (Fresh/Renewal) for the year 2014-15 to be awarded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India.
2. It is clear for all students that from the Financial year 2011-12 the call of applications under Merit-cum-Means based Scholarship has been switched from Manual system to online system and no direct application will be entertained. The site can be accessed through the URL www.momascholarship.gov.in. A link to the site is also available in the website of Ministry of Minority Affairs i.e. www.minorityaffairs.gov.in.
3. The best possible efforts have been made to upload all the Institutions providing professional or other technical courses in Delhi in the Institution module, however, in case any Institute has not been uploaded in the Institution module of Delhi, the Head of the Institution may contact to the Dy. Director (Scholarship) at above referred telephone numbers for inclusion of their Institution in the Institution module.
4. The Student Module will remain live in case of fresh candidates upto 30.09.201 4 and for renewal candidates upto 1 5.11.2014. The time line for online applications under Merit-cum-Means based scholarship is as under”.
Fresh Scholarship :
The closing date for submission of Online applications for fresh Scholarship from students 30th of September, 2014.
Renewal Scholarship :
The closing date for submission of Online applications for Scholarship from students 15th of November, 2014
Eligible Criteria :
1. Students, who have got admission in a recognized college to pursue technical/ professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination
2. Students, who have got admission in a recognized college to pursue technical/professional courses, without facing any competitive examination. will also be eligible for scholarship. Hence there are such students who have secured not less than 50% marks at higher secondary/graduation level. So selection of these students will be done strictly on the basis of merit.
3, A student is also informed that under this scholarship scheme the scholarship holder is not at all allowed to avail any other scholarship or stipend.
4. The student’s annual family income should not exceed Rs.2.50.000 lakh per annum from all sources.
5. A student who s residing in a particular State/UT will be entitled for scholarship under the quota of that State/UT only irrespective of his place of study.
6. The student must linked its Aadhaar with the respective Bank Account/Aadhaar Number
Original fee receipt or duly attested fee receipt of institute is also required at the time of submission.
Eligible applicants are advised to apply through online and take print out copy of the duly filled-in application forms, through Online Scholarship Management System and submit the same along with all supporting documents through their respective institutions to the State IUT Department as per timeline mentioned above. it is also clarified here that without receipt of hard copy in the State/UT Department the application will be rejected. Applicants are also advised to go through the FAQs (Frequently asked questions) available on the home page of the website for their convenience before filling up of online applications.
The Objective: The main objective of the Scheme is to provide financial assistance to those students who are poor and those meritorious students belonging to minority communities to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses
Scope.:-These scholarships are available for studies in India only.
Total Number of Merit -Cum -Means Based Scholarship which is available for NCT of Delhi.
Here we have mentioned the total number of scholarships which are awarded for the minorities students:
Muslim : 503
Christian : 40
Sikh : 172
Budhist : 07
Jain : 48
Parsi : 0
Total : 770