delhi.gov.in Pre Matric Scholarship for SC,ST,OBC Students 2015
To support the parents of Scheduled Tribe students for their further education of their wards who are presently pursuing their study in classes IX and X so that the incidence of drop-out, especially in the transition from the elementary to the secondary stage is minimized, and to improve participation of ST children in classes IX and X of the prematric stage, so that they perform better and have a better chance of progressing to the post-metric stage of education.
This Scholarship scheme will be available for studies in India only and will be granted by the Government of the State/Union Territory to which the applicant belongs i.e. where she/he is domiciled.
- The eligible student should belong to Scheduled Tribe category.
- Her/his Parents’/Guardian’s income should not exceed Rs. 2.00 lac per annum from all sources.
- Students are not allowed to getting any other Centrally-funded Pre-Matric Scholarship under this scheme.
- Student should be regular, and a full time student who studying in a Government School or in a School recognized by Govt. or a Central/State Board of Secondary Education.
- This scholarship is for studying in any class and it will be available for only 1 year. If a student has to repeat a class, she / he would not get scholarship for that class for a second (or subsequent) year.
- Scholarships will be paid to the students whose parents/guardians’income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,00,000/-per annum.
- An application for scholarship should comprise important documents list which we have mentioned in below steps.
- Students must present one copy of the scholarship application form which has to filled in a prescribed format.
- Student needs to produce 1 copy of his/her passport size photograph with signatures of the student thereon (for fresh scholarship).
- A certificate (in original) of Scheduled Tribe duly signed by an authorized Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- An income declaration by the self-employed parents/guardians, stating that the applicant have definite income from all sources by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper. Employed parents/guardians are required to obtain income certificate from their employer and for any additional income from other sources, they would furnish declaration by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper.
- An acknowledgement slip of the scholarship in the previous year on the form attached to the application only duly counter-signed by the Head of the Institution/School concerned, if the applicant was in receipt of a scholarship under this scheme in the preceding year.
- Application complete in all respects, shall be submitted to the Head of the Institution/School, being attended or last attended by the candidates and shall be forwarded by the Head of Institution, after scrutiny and with his recommendation, to the sanctioning authority.