Dr Goh Keng Swee (GKS) Scholarship Application Process 2015
Dr Goh Keng Swee has offered the Scholarship which is under the Association of Banks in Singapore for those candidates who wish to pursue their undergraduate studies in Singapore. This scholarship is basically a private sector scholarship.
This privately funded scholarship has been awarded to 3 – 4 schlars who are from 15 huge Asia Pacific countries such as
- National University of Singapore (NUS),
- Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
- Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD)
- Singapore Management University (SMU).
- The total time duration of the course will be four years.
The application process for the Goh Keng Swee Scholarship has been began from 13th October 2014 and the closing date to apply for this Scholarship is 23rd February, 2015. All applicants are informed to apply for this scholarship before the last date of application submission process.
Here we have provided you the eligibility points which you have to read and follow very carefully:
- The candidate must have a valid passport to any of the 15 Asia Pacific economies which are already listed above.
- The candidate ,must have applied to NTU, NUS, SUTD and SMU.
- The candidate must possess the good leadership qualities and also candidate must have a good academic record as well as topper in co-curricular activities.
- The candidate must have appeared for SAT which is known as (Scholastic Assessment Test), or must have registered to appear for SAT.
- The TOEFL may be required by some universities. All candidates are requested to check this.
- The candidates who are in class 12 are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- The 15 region in which the scholarship is running are as follows : India, Myanmar, Cambodia, Brunei, Japan, Indonesia, Hong Kong SAR, Malaysia, Korea, Philippines, China, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam and Taiwan.
- Those applicants who are citizens of Singapore and Residing there from last few years are not eligible to apply for GKS Scholarship.
Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship Reward:
Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship covers the following expenses and allowance under this scholarship which are given below:
- The eligible scholars will receive SGD200 as settling-in allowance upon arrival in Singapore.
- The scholarship pays for tuition fee and other compulsory fee which are required.
- This scholarship also pays for the airfare and also for travelling Singapore and the return journey fare after the completion of the course.
- Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship also pay for the maintenance fee of SGD 6500.
- This Scholarship also covers for the hostel fee which is charged by the institution.
All students are required to get sign a 3 year bond which is requires for them to get employed or work in Singapore for maximum 3 (three) years which is approved by the country after the completion of their course .
The reputed companies which might work with the reputed DBS Bank (DBS), United Overseas Bank (UOB), OCBC Bank (OCBC), Standard Chartered Bank, Merrill Lynch, KPMG, among others. In past the scholarship holders have also worked with non finance companies that are Proctor and Gamble, Oracle , Urban Redevelopment Authority of Singapore (URA), d CrimsonLogic etc.
The scholarship will be successfully renewed on the basis of the applicant’s good and impressive academic record and satisfactory results.There will be annual reviews of the scholarship award.
Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship Application Process:
Here we have given you the complete and accurate application procedure for the Dr. Goh Keng Swee Scholarship. For this the candidate must have appeared for the SAT exam and also the candidate must have registered to appear for SAT before(both are acceptable) For more details regarding the SAT, all students are requested to visit the College Board Official Website : sat.collegeboard.org/home
All talented and eligible students are informed that they may apply for the Goh Keng Swee Scholarship by just visiting the official website of Public Service Commission Scholarships and required to select the Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship application form for the Scholarships from the drop-down list option.
Steps to fill the application form
- The students are informed that the application form has to be made in Excel sheet format and is divided into 6 sheets.Open the application form in the excel sheet.
- Declaration & Survey
- Sample Form
- Sample Declaration & Survey.
- Sheet 1: The 1st sheet consists of the ‘Instructions’. All candidates are required to read and follow the instructions carefully before filling up the application.
- Sheet 2: The 2nd Sheet is the main application form. You are required to fill in the requisite personal and academic details of yours. Wherever you will be asked to choose an option, you may choose one from the drop down option list by just clicking on the option provided at the right side of the box.
- Sheet 3: On 3rd sheet, the candidate needs to write an essay on a given topic with a 500 words maximum limit.
- Sheet 4: On the last sheet, in which it includes the Declaration & Survey, and it requires the candidate to answer some important questions with one word answer ‘yes’ or ‘no’. And it also asks the candidate for some general questions regarding the scholarship.
- Save File: All students are informed that after filling and cross checking of your answers you need to save the file carefully.
Submission Process of the Application Form
- All candidates are requested that the completely filled application form is to be e-mailed to this link :email@example.com
- All eligible students are required to keep a photocopy of the filled application form for future reference.
- The required documents has to be attached with the form such as academic records and certificates, etc which has to be sent for verification only when it is asked.
Dr Goh Keng Swee Scholarship Selection Process:
All eligible students are informed that the selection process will be based on their academic & non academic achievements.
Interview in Singapore: Those students who are shortlisted will be called for an interview round which will be held in Singapore in mid-May 2015.
Interview Via Skype: Students are informed that the interview may be conducted via ”Skype” which will be finally decided on a case-by-case basis, but attending the interview in Singapore is preferable.
Travelling Expense: All students will have to bear the cost of travelling to Singapore for the interview.
100 Victoria Street
#08-01, Singapore 188064
Fax: 6332 4184.