egovamc.com Process to apply for Birth, Death & Marriage Registration in Gujarat
Process to apply for Birth/Death/ Marriage certificate in Gujarat is very easy ans simple. Because there is no more waiting in a long queues to obtain these certificates. There are various methods to obtain the birth/death/marriage certificate from local bodies. Now these are available through online service and all you need to do is to download the copy of it. To know more regarding this log on to egovamc.com
Official Website : http://www.egovamc.com/home.aspx
Registration Process of Birth & Death :
1. One can obtain the Birth/Death certificate within 21 days of its occurrence , and one can register Birth/Death at Birth/Death Concerned Registration Centre of the concerned ward and obtain the certificate.
2. If the applicant is applying within 21 days but less than one year then in that case the registration can be easily done and certificate can be made available from the concerned registrar office of the Municipal Corporation on production of application in prescribed format with adequate fee receipt, proof of birth/death and original court affidavit.
3. If the time period is extended and stretch to more than 1 year of its occurrence of birth/death, then one has to apply in prescribed format along with prescribed fee receipt, evidences/proves and original court affidavit for getting “ NO RECORD CERTIFICATE”. Along with this certificate, and other required documents the person needs to get court orders from the First Class Judicial Magistrate Court. These orders are to be submitted to the registrar birth/Deaths along with fee receipt, for registering birth/Death and getting the certificate of registration.
Updation of Child Name in Birth Register :
1. A person can include name of child within 1 year of the registration of the birth at birth /Death at registration centre at free of cost.
2. After completion of the 1 year of the registration, name can be included on producing application on a prescribed format, fee receipt, certified copy of school leaving certificate of child or original bonafide certificate of the school where child is studying, On producing two certified copies of the proof of father’s name with surname, surname can be added after father’s name in the register.
Correction in Certificate :
If there is any modification in the certificate is required to be made, then a person needs to apply on a prescribed format and submit to the main office of the registrar Birth and Death along with attested true copies of the necessary evidences and court affidavit. The concerned main office does the necessary corrections in the register.
Duplicate Certificate :
If any applicant need to get extra copies of Birth/Death after the registration of Birth/Death or to get English translated copies of the certificate then they needs to approach any of the nearest city civic centers of The Municipal Corporation on Municipal Corporation working days between 11.00 to 5.00 P.M.. There an application form has to be filled in a prescribed format. After the successful submission of the same, one can get as many copies as they want on chargeable basis. The charges for such the copies are Rs. 25.00 per copy of certificate.
Marriage Registration :
1. Health Birth-Death-Marriages Department of The Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation started registering marriages from 01-01-2008 under Registration of Marriages Act, 2006. Under this act all marriages those are occurred in The Municipal Corporation limit are registered and the certification for the same is issued by the Health Birth-Death-Marriages Department of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation
2. Ahmedabad City is divided into 64 election wards. All these wards are equipped with ward offices. Each Ward office is the registration centre for Marriages taking place in the concerned ward. Representative of the Health Birth-Death-Marriages Department verifies the available documents and finding them adequate, he/she registers the marriage and issues marriage certificate.
Required Documents to Obtain Marriage Registration Certificate :
1. Application Form
2. Memorandum of Marriage ( Two Copies with 100 Rupees Agreement Stamp on both copies)
3. Two photographs of Bride and bride groom
4. Certified copies of Birth Certificate or School leaving Certificate of both Bride and bride groom (True Copy)
5. Certified copy of photo identity of the person holding marriage procession/ holding Nikah (Any one of the Passport, PAN Card, Election Card, Driving License) If the person holding marriage procession/ holding Nikah is dead then it should be clearly written in the Memorandum of Marriage that he is DIED.
6. Certified photo identity proof of the two witnesses(Any one of the Passport, PAN Card, Election Card, Driving License)
7. Wedding Invitation Card ( If it is not available then an affidavit on stamp paper of Rs. 20 has to be produced mentioning that “ OUR MARRIAGE WAS HOLD IN AHMEDABAD CITY AT __________________________________________ PLACE AND ON ________________DATE”
On production of the above documents in concerned ward where marriage took place, the marriage certificate is issued
It is not necessary for witnesses and the person holding marriage procession/ holding Nikah to remain present at the time of marriage registration. But marriage Registrar deems necessary he can call them.
Office Address of Health Birth-Death-Marriage Department :
Dr. Amit Begda
Registrar of Birth ,Death & Marriage
Second Floor, Sardar Patel Bhavan,
Municipal Kotha, Danapith,
Phone : 079-25391811 (Ext) : 671
Office Timings : 10.30 A.M. to 3.10 P.M. (Recess hours: 2.00 to 2.30 P.M.)
Application receiving time : 12.00 to 5.00 P.M.
Download Forms Here : http://www.egovamc.com/Downloads/Downloads.aspx