gokdam.kar.nic.in Apply for National Overseas Scholarship for Minorities Students 2014-15
Overseas Scholarship for Minority community students 2014-15 :
The state Government has announced through the Directorate of Minorities a special scholarship scheme for providing financial assistance to those students who belongs to Minority students of Karnataka State who wish to pursue higher studies in abroad for Master Degree. Ph.D and Post Doctoral Courses etc. in prestigious Foreign Universities.
Interested Minority Community students of Karnataka state Domicile can apply in the prescribed application downloading the same from the official website of Directorate of Minorities, www.gokdom.kar.nic.in
Minority Students opting to pursue higher studies in the following subjects only can apply and get benefit of financial assistance through Directorate of Minorities, Bangalore.
1) Automation Robotics including Artificial Intelligence, Mechatronics and Manufacturing Technology.
2) Laser Technology
3) Paper technology
4) Naval Architecture/Offshore Structures/ Architecture in General.
5) Information Technology including Computer Engineering Software, software Quality Assurance, Networking /Connectivity Engineering, Communication system, under hazardous or Post – Disaster conditions, Multi media communication
6) Low temperature Thermal Dynamics
8) Art Restoration technology
9) Ceramic and Glass Technology
10) Dock and Harbour Engineering
11) Bio- Technology/ Genetic Engineering
12) Industrial Safety
13) Petroleum Technology
14) Aircraft/ Space Engineering
15) Imaging System Technology
16) Graphic engineering
17) Composite materials engineering including Decentralized Power, Distribution (for Solar Heat) System, Energy Storage Engineering, Energy conservation, Energy efficient habitat Engineering,
18) Satellite or remote Sensing
19) Packaging Engineering/ Technology
20) Nuclear Engineering
21) Medicine / Dental / Nursing/ Para- Medical
22) Business Administration/ Management Studies
23) M.Phil/Ph.d in any area of applied Sciences., Basic Sciences, Cultural and Historical Studies. In addition to these subjects any other course the screening committee of the department may in special cases consider the course not listed above.
Eligibility Criteria :-
For Post Doctoral:- 1st Class or 60% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Master Degree/ Ph.d.
For Ph.d:- 1st Class or 60% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Master Degree.
For Master Degree:- 1st Class or 60% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Bachelor Degree.
The students must be a domicile of Karnataka.
Age Criteria :-
The student must be below 38 years from the date of commencement of the opted course or subjects selected for higher Studies.
Total income from all sources of the candidate and his/her parents/Guardians should not exceed Rs.4.00 lakhs per annum.
Terms and Conditions:-
The candidates are suggested to obtain the required admission letter from the respective University prior to the application made to the Directorate of Minorities, Bangalore-01. The candidates are required to seek admission and join regular courses/Full time courses in accredited Universities/ Institution only.
A total Scholarship of Rs.5.00 lakh per annum and a maximum of Rs.10.00 lakh ( for 2 years) for the entire course will be sanctioned to the eligible candidates. This scholarship amount will also covers the cost of one side air fare as has been prescribed for all levels of courses covered under the scheme. The students are requested to furnish their Bank Account Number, IFSC Code and Name and Branch of the Bank and other details in the application form.
Default under the scheme:-
The selected and eligible candidates are require to execute a bond on a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.100-as required under this scheme, in the prescribed format. If in case a candidate pursuing studies abroad violates any of the terms and conditions of bond executed by him/her such candidates will be liable to pay the entire amount along with 12% interest per annum to the Government.
Selection Process :-
The candidates after assessing their eligibility and satiability and as per conditions of the scheme shall apply to the Director, Directorate of Minorities, 20th Floor, V.V.Towers, Bangalore- 560001 (Employed candidates have to apply through proper channel) in the prescribed application form. The candidates will be selected in pursuance of the guidelines followed by an interview of short listed candidates.
Closing date to submit application:- 30.07.2014
For further details and information the candidates are advised to visit the official website of Directorate of Minorities, Bangalore, gokdom.kar.nic.in