rri.res.in Raman Research Institute of Phd Scholarships for Indian Students 2015
The Raman Research Institute has recently published the scholarships for Phd students. This institute invites all those applicants who are interested to apply for this scholarship. All applications are invited from all the motivated and qualified students who wish to apply for PhD admission in 2015.
The short listed or selected students are paid a scholarship of Rs. 25,000/-per month for the first 2 years and Rs. 28,000/- thereafter for the next 3 years, subject to satisfactory progress.
In addition, the eligible students are paid a book grant of Rs.5,000/- per annum for 4 years. The Research scholars will undergo intensive course work during the first year.
After the successful completion of the course work and other requirements for confirmation of the candidate, the candidate will be registered for a PhD degree with the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. The closing date to apply for this is 31st March, 2015.
This Scholarship is awarded in the following research areas:
- Astronomy and Astrophysics (Cosmology and Galaxy Formation,
- Normal and Active Galaxies,
- Clusters of Galaxies,
- The Galaxy & the Interstellar Medium,
- The Intergalactic Medium,
- Neutron Stars,
- Pulsars and X-ray Binaries and Signal Processing in Astronomy); Chemistry (Synthesis and Study of Liquid Crystals and Nanomaterials and Soft Matter Chemistry); Light and Matter Physics (Bose Einstein Condensation,
- Laser Cooling & Trapping of Atoms,
- Ultra-cold Molecules,
- Propagation of Light in Random Media,
- Quantum Optics,
- Nonlinear Optics,
- Ultrafast Phenomena,
- Intense Laser Field Interactions,
- Quantum Information and Computation and Fundamental tests of Quantum Mechanics); Soft Condensed Matter (Liquid Crystals, Amphiphilic Systems, Colloids, Nanomaterials, Surface Science, Granular Materials and Experimental Biological Physics) and Theoretical Physics (Condensed Matter & Statistical Physics, Classical & Quantum Gravity,
- Gravitational Waves,
- Physics in Biology and Differential Geometry in Physics).
This Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Raman Research Institute (RRI)
Scholarship can be taken at: India
Eligibility Criteria :
- All those candidates who are seeking admission in Physics and must have MSc degree in Physics/Mathematics with a minimum 55% marks or grade in aggregate or equivalent or first class B.E./B.Tech degree in Engineering.
- All those candidates who are seeking admission in Chemistry/Nanotechnology or Nanoscience must have MSc degree in Chemistry with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate.
- Those students who expect to complete their final degree in the academic year 2014-2015 are also eligible to apply, and they also required to produce their final scorecard at the time of admission.
- The reservations for SC/ST/OBC candidates will be as per the rules and regulations.
Scholarship Open for International Students:
All those students who are Indian and are eligible to apply for this PhD scholarship.
- Raman Research Institute (RRI) is a reputed and huge research institution for advanced research.
- All applications are invited from motivated and qualified students who are looking for admission to the PhD programme 2015.
- The research scholars will undergo intensive course work during the 1st year.
- The medium of instruction will be given in English language.
- After the successful completion of the course work and other requirements for confirmation of the candidate, they will be registered for a PhD degree with the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
Number of award:
The total number of maximum PhD students which is to be selected in 2015:
Duration of award:
This scholarship is awarded to all the talented and eligible students for maximum 4 years.
What does it cover:
All Students are informed that are paid a scholarship of Rs. 25,000/-per month for the first 2 years and Rs. 28,000/- and after that for the next 3 years, subject to satisfactory progress.
On the other hand, they are paid a book grant of Rs.5,000/- per annum for 4 years.
Hostel accommodation, if available, or HRA in lieu of will be provided for a period of five years.
RRI encourages and supports participation of students in national and international conferences.
All those candidates who are seeking admission are called for interview which is truly based on:
** Physics: The student’s performance in the Joint Entrance Screening Test 2015 (JEST 2015) to be held on Sunday 15th February 2015 at the different centers throughout the country or performance in UGC/-CSIR-NET for JRF (Physics) or with sufficiently high score in GATE (Physics) or in subject GRE (Physics).
** Chemistry: The candidates will be selected for interview which will be based on their performance in written test which is going to held at RRI or UGC/-CSIR NET for JRF.
** The full and final selection for all the eligible candidates is truly based on their performance in the interviews which is going to be held at RRI in the first week of June 2015.
The call letters for written test/interviews will be sent between the mid of April, 2015.
How to Apply:
All candidates are requested that they need to apply for admissions at RRI. All students are required to apply via online mode. An online applications are preferred. For those applicants who have difficulty in applying via online, they can send a hard copy of the application forms and can be requested from the admissions office, by sending a self-addressed envelope (25 x 20 cm) to the following address:
Scholarship Application Deadline:
All candidates are suggested that please apply for the same before the closing date of the printed application forms and that is 15th March, 2015 and last date for receiving the completed application forms (both online and hardcopy submission) will be done by March 31, 2015