hyderabadpolice.gov.in How to Apply for Arms Licence in Hyderabad city
Arms Licence :
If the candidate is not attain the age of 21 years then he/she is not able too apply for the ARMS LICENCE. To know more you are required to read the below content in which we have provided the complete details about it.
1. If a person is not below the age of 21 years is eligible to apply for grant of Arms Licence.
2. The Commissioner of Police, of Hyderabad City is the concerned Licensing Authority for the area which falls in Hyderabad City nearest Police station. The Licensing Authority is empowered to give the Arms Licence for validity within A.P.
3. Govt. of Andhra Pradesh . is the competent to grant these Licenses on “All India” area validity
4. For Non Prohibited bore weapons Licensing Authority of the respective Dist/Cities in the State are competent to grant Arms Licenses.
5. For Prohibited bore weapons Govt. of India is the alone competent who grant these Arms Licence.
How to apply for grant of Arms Licenses in Andhra Pradesh:
An applicant needs to fill an Application Form-A Scheduled-III which has to be duly filled in without any blank, should be addressed to Commissioner of Police, Hyderabad and submitted it to the concerned Zonal Deputy. Commissioners of Police of their residential areas for its process.
If you want to Download Forms then you are required to click Here : http://www.
Important Documents List:
1. Any one of them as a Residential proof (such as recent paid Electricity Bill or Water Bill, or Telephone Bill, or Driving Licence, or Passport, or Election Voter Id-card, or Ration Card, Property/House Tax, PAN Card).
2. Recent 3 passport size photos
3. Income Tax. return for the last three years
4. Licence fee of Rs.100/- to be paid at any e-seva centre or office.
Arms Licenses for the purpose of Target Shooting :
The applicant needs to fill the Application in Form-A Scheduled-III which has to be duly filled in without any column left , and it should be addressed to Commissioner of Police, Hyderabad and submitted to the concerned Zonal Deputy. Commissioners of Police for the same.
Important Documents Lists:
1. The applicant should be a member of Rifle Association of A.P. Sultan Bazar, Hyderabad.
2. Three years participation in sports event of target shooting – document evidence should be enclosed.
3. Residential proof (viz. Electricity Bill, Water Bill, Telephone Bill, Driving Licence, Passport, Election Voter Id-card, Ration Card, Property/House Tax, PAN Card).
4. 3 passport size photos
5. I.T. return for the last three years
6. The prescribed Licence fee amount of Rs.100/- which has to be paid at any e-seva centre
Renewal Process of Arms Licenses :
A. An Application for the renewal process of Arms Licence will be made in the prescribed format and it should be submitted one month before the date of expiry of Arms Licence
B. An application should be submitted with duly filled in without any left blank to the concerned Zonal Deputy. Commissioners of Police along with residential proof (such as recent paid Electricity Bill or Water Bill or Telephone Bill or Driving Licence or Passport or Election Voter Id-card or Ration Card or Property/House Tax or PAN Card etc).
C. The fees for the renewal has to be paid for various types of weapons as per schedule-IV.
Sale and replacement of weapon :
An individual can apply for sale or replacement of weapon covered by the Arms Licence. Application addressed to the Commissioner of Police, Hyderabad should be submitted to the respective Zonal Dy. Commissioners of Police for consideration duly mentioning the reasons, grounds for making such an application. No fee is prescribed.
Inclusion of weapon :
An individual can possess not more than three (3) weapons covered by an Arms Licence. Grant of Arms Licence for more than one weapon will be considered under special circumstances and depending on the dire need on genuine grounds.
Transfer of weapon from one to another Licence:
a. By sale of the weapon to make the agreement of sale.
b. By gift to maintain the gift deed.
By the legal heir in case of death of licensee (to produce legal heir certificate in the name of the transferee along with NOC from other family members)
A person may easily apply for transfer of weapon covered by the Arms Licence. The Application should be addressed to the Commissioner of Police, Hyderabad should be submitted to the respective Zonal Deputy. Commissioners of Police for consideration duly mentioning the reasons, grounds for making such an application. And there will be no fee is charged.
Inclusion of Retainer :
A Person or a Firm or Company or Bank etc. may apply for inclusion of retainer in the Arms license for the convenience of the License holder. The Application should be addressed to the Commissioner of Police, Hyderabad should be submitted to the respective Zonal Deputy Commissioners of Police where the consideration is duly mentioning the reasons, grounds for making such an application. There will be no fee amount is prescribed.
Sale of Weapon & cancellation of Licence on request :
An applicant may apply for sale of weapon and also for the cancellation of licence, at the request of the Licensee on account of old age, there will be no necessity etc. The Application will be addressed to the Commissioner of Police, Hyderabad and should be submitted to the respective Zonal Deputy. Commissioners of Police for consideration and duly mentioning the reasons behind it , grounds for making such an application. No fees is prescribed.
Extension of time for purchase and production of weapon :
After the successful approval of Arms licence, the Licensee would be purchased and produce the weapon with in the given specific time given to him, i.e. 3 months generally or as decided by the licensing authority.
If the person is fails to purchase the same within the given time period then , he has to make an application to the concerned Zonal Deputy Commissioners of Police concerned for time extension request.
Journey licence to carry weapons :
The Licensees are suppose to carry weapons from one place to another place within or outside State beyond the validity area which is permitted in the Arms licence by the respective concerned Licensing Authority and it should be apply for grant of journey licence from the respective concerned Licensing authority of the jurisdiction in which he purchase the weapons to carry the same.
For More Details, and information you need to Click Here :http://www.
Web Portal : http://www.
Contact Address :
Old Police Commissioner Office,
Foreigners Branch / Special Branch,
Near City Civil Court, Purani haveli,
Hyderabad – 500 002.