The Indian Institute of Technology(IIT), Jodhpur, invites the young and talented applicants along with their filled applications for PhD Fellowships, 2015. This fellowship is especially designed for those candidates who are from India and also who are seeking admission into its full-time PhD program under “Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics and IT” for the academic session 2015-16.
- The total time duration of the Fellowship will be 5 Years
- All the selected fellows will receive a fellowship worth Rs. 22,500/- per month for initial 2 years and Rs. 25,000/- per month for the last 3 years.
- Fellows will also provided with HRA according to the government rules who do not reside in the campus.
- Fellows will also receive an annual contingency grant of Rs. 30,000/- per year per PhD student.
- In addition to this, a PhD candidate under this scheme is eligible to apply for an international travel support of upto Rs. 50,000/- from Deity.
|Areas of Research
- Improved Spectral Efficiency, Massive MIMO, and Carrier Aggregation
- Energy Efficiency at UE
- Low latency mobile communication to provide real time application
- HetNet enhanced Inter-Cell Inference Coordination (eICIC)
- Device-to-Device (D2D) communication
- Control Engineering
- Power Electronics
- Handwriting & Speech Recognition Technologies for Indian Languages
- Super Resolution Imaging
- Image Reconstruction
- Device Circuit co-design
- Devices and Circuits for Low Power
- Image and Video Coding
- Devices and sensors
- Wireless Networks, Software Defined Networks
- Power System Protection and Power Quality
- All those applicants who wish to apply for the same must have M.Tech./ME/MS in the department of Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering with minimum 60% marks or at least 6.5/10 Cumulative Performance Index (CPI) or Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA/CPI for SC/ST). Such students are required to have minimum 60% marks or 6.5/10 CPI or CGPA (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA/CPI for SC/ST) in Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with
- a B.Tech./BE degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering with at least 80% marks or at least 8/10 CPI or CGPA (75% marks or 7.5 CGPA/CPI for SC/ST) and a valid GATE/UGC-CSIR NET score, (or)
- a B.Tech. degree from any of the IITs in Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering with at least 8/10 CPI or CGPA.
- All those applicants who have the Master’s degree in Engineering from a University or an Institute abroad in the department of Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering with minimum 60% marks, 3.0/4 CPI or CGPA, or 8.0/10 CPI or CGPA are eligible to apply.
- Applicants may apply via online at this link:http://www.iitj.ac.in:8080/OA_PG_ADMISSION/
- All eligible applicants who are from General category are required to pay the processing fee of Rs.300, those candidates who belongs to OBC,SC, ST, and PD are required to pay Rs.150/- via online while submitting the application form.
- The selection process of eligible candidates will be done on the basis on written test and/or personal interview.
Last date for filling online application form: 06th July, 2015
List of shortlisted candidates: 09th July, 2015
Date of written test and/or Interview: 14th July, 2015
For more details, please visit: http://www.iitj.ac.in/