Areas of Research:
- Nanoelectronics and VLSI Design
- Non-volatile memory devices
- photovoltaic devices and solar cells
- Nanomaterials for electronics
- Image processing
- Graphene based devices
- Nano photonics devices and metamaterials
- Biomedical devices and instrumentation
- The duration of this Fellowship will be five years
- All the selected and eligible fellows will receive the fellowship ofworth Rs. 22,500/- per month for 1st and 2nd yr, and Rs. 25,000/- per month for 3rd , 4th and 5th Year. (This will be revised to Rs. 31,250/- and Rs.35,000/- per month, respectively) and also HRA as per government rules.
- All eligible fellows are also provided with the annual contingency grant of Rs.30,000/- per year for each PhD student.
- A PhD candidate under this scheme is eligible to apply for an international travel support of upto Rs. 50,000/- from Deity.
- The eligible candidates must have the minimum Grade Point Average of 6.5/10 or 60% (55% marks for SC/ST) of marks in ME/M.Tech./MS in Electronics/Communications/Computer Science/Instrumentation/Biomedical/Mechanical/Microelectronics/Solid-state Technology/MEMS/Nano Science/Nano Technology/Material Science/Engineering Physics or equivalent.
- Minimum Grade Point Average of 6.5/10 or 60% (55% marks for SC/ST) of marks in Bachelor degree in Electronics/Communications/Computer Science/Instrumentation/ Biomedical/ Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with a valid GATE score.
- Bachelor degree in Electronics/Communications/Computer Science/Instrumentation / Biomedical/Mechanical or equivalent from an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) with a minimum CGPA of 8.0
- First Class (6.5 grades point out of 10) or 60% marks (55% marks for SC/ST) in Master’s or equivalent degree in Physics/Chemistry or relevant Science subject/B.Tech. in engineering physics with valid GATE score or UGC/CSIR-NET or an equivalent qualification.
The selection process will be done by the written test and via personal interviews.
How to Apply:
Candidates may apply via online at: http://www.iitrpr.ac.in/visvesvaraya-phd-
Last Date to apply : 21st June, 2015
Written test and/or interviews: second week of July, 2015.
For more details, please visit: http://www.iitrpr.ac.in/visvesvarayaphdscheme