inlaksfoundation.org : INLAKS Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship application process 2015
Inlaks Scholarships provides the bright opportunity to all those talented and young candidates who have the exceptional talent in any of the field to expand their vision abroad and also to improve their skills to operate in society, thus making them a future vehicle of change in their environment. The scholarships are available in two types which are : university courses and specific programs.
These Scholarships are awarded at the top American, European and UK institutions, for funding requirements which also includes the tuition fees.
All the candidates are advised to obtain the guaranteed external funding for scholarships requirements which is above $85,000 or equivalent.
The candidates are informed that they should be able to explain this guaranteed funding for the balanced cost, at the time of interviews which is generally conducted in the month of May or June.
This Foundation has joint scholarship schemes with Imperial College (London), Royal College of Art (London), School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS)(London),and London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA).
If in case the candidates for these collaborating institutions, the Foundation are able to accept applications without this requirement.
The Foundation will not provide any scholarships in the subjects which are given below:
- Computer Science
- Business Studies
- Public Health
- Fashion Design
- Film Animation.
In the case of Imperial College, London, scholarships will be given for Engineering and Computer Science. Further we will consider Indian Studies, only if they have contemporary relevance. In the field of Music, only applications for Western Classical singing degrees will be considered.
Specific Programmes Proposed by the Candidate:
Scholarships for research, training or professional improvement to be carried out abroad either independently, or attached to a leading institution, and not leading to a degree. Candidates are suggested to provide their complete and accurate details of their proposed programs, which also includes the time and travelling plans, a full breakdown of costs, and evidence of agreement with such institutions, if required.
The scholarships for training ,research or professional improvement to be carried out abroad either independently, or attached to a leading institution, and not leading to a degree.
All the candidates are suggested to give their complete and accurate details of their proposed programs, which includes the time and travelling plans also, a full breakdown of costs, and evidence of agreement with such institutions, if required.
It is very important and necessary to have the prior admission to the institution and chosen course.
The Foundation will not consider candidates without admission or pending admission.
The concerned institutions must be on the top position or rank. All the eligible candidates must attain the age eligibility which is 30 years maximum as on 1st July in the year of application.
Those candidates who are already studying or have started their program abroad are not eligible to apply for the same.
The award of other grants, teaching assistance and support from other sources for the proposed program will be regarded by the Foundation as a positive factor.
The concerned Foundation also encourages the candidates from young people who are presently employed.
How to Apply:
Applicants are informed that the application forms are available from 10th of January till 15th of April from the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation,
C/o Inlaks India Foundation,
The application must be filled by the Candidate and submitted at the same address given above by the due date 15th of April 2015.
Required Documents needs to be attached with application form:
- The proof of admission to a university or applied course, and also a full detail of the institute’s financial requirements.
- Those Candidates who are from the fields of architecture, fine and applied arts, and related subjects must submit a maximum 10 samples of their work on a CD / DVD only, giving the size of the original, the material used and the date of completion.
- The submitted material will not be returned to candidate.
- The images must only be in jpeg format. Candidates who have applied for Film, Dance, Acting, and Music can also submit a CD / DVD. Candidates are required to submit 3 sets of CDs/ DVDs
- A portfolio can be submitted by the candidate and make sure that it will not too bulky.
- A proof of any other achievements in co curricular activities in any field Photocopy of the first and copy of last pages of your passport.
- It is not necessary to submit recommendation letters. However, in the event that you wish to do so, these letters and maximum three references must be submitted along with the application, in sealed envelopes.
- Recommendation letters will not be accepted at a due date. In case your referee wishes to send the reference letters by email directly to the Foundation, they may do the same before 15th of April 2015.
- All candidates are informed that there will be no recommendation letters will be accepted which are send by post or email after due date. Please do not send any academic certificate copies with the filled application form.
- All these things will be required only at the time of the final interviews. An independent Inlaks Selection Committee will go for the process of the selection.
- All the filled applications which are received by the eligible and talented students will be analyzed and evaluated by the concerned committee and the committee.
- And the selected students will get a call for an interview.
- All applicants must be available for interviews in India. They usually take place in Mumbai or Delhi in May or in June, in two stages: preliminaries, and for those who make it, finals. Candidates short-listed for the interviews will have to arrange for their own travel and accommodation. Candidates who do not receive any communication by 1st of June must assume that their applications have not been successful.
Terms of the Scholarship:
- This scholarship covers the expenses of period granted, tuition fees, adequate living expenses and one-way travel also.
- In the case of scholarship requirement of above $85,000 (or equivalent), candidates are strongly advised that they should be able to explain the guaranteed funding, for the balance of costs, at the time of interviews in May or June.
- In the case of specific programs, the financial assistance will be briefly discussed with the candidate.
- All other acceptance of other scholarships/stipends, teaching assistants and part-time jobs are welcome after approval from the Foundation.
- Scholarship will not be awarded to those candidates whose proposed course of study or specific project requires field trips back to India during tenure.
- The Scholarship will be awarded in the month of May or June.
- The scholarship will not commenced within 9 months forfeited.
Address And Contact Details:
Inlaks India Foundation
c/o ICGEB (International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology)
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg ,
New Delhi, Delhi-110067
For more detail visit website: www.inlaksfoundation.org