jncasr.ac.in Summer Research Fellowship Programme – 2014 by JNCASR
Summer Research Fellowship Programme (SRFP) :
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research invites applications for its Summer Research Fellowship Programme 2014, for motivated and talented Indian students in Science and Engineering. Detailed information and application form is available on jncasr.ac.in/fe/srfp.php website.
Home Page : http://www.jncasr.ac.in/fe/srfp.php
Minimum academic requirements for applying:
1. Students who have secured minimum 80% marks in Maths and Science subjects in their 10th and 12th or equivalent examinations and not less than first class in graduation and post graduation (if applicable).
2. Those students who presently studying in I & II year of B.Sc., II, III & IV year of B.S., I, II & III year of B.E/ B.Tech., I year of M.Sc. and I – IV year of Integrated M.Sc. can apply for Life Sciences and Mathematics.
3. Students presently studying in II & III year of B.Sc., II, III & IV year B.S., II, III & IV year of B.E/ B.Tech., I year of M.Sc. and II – IV year of Integrated M.Sc. can apply for Physical Sciences, Engineering Sciences and Atmospheric Sciences.
4. Students presently studying in I year of M.Sc. can apply for Materials Sciences and Chemical Sciences.
The Centre offers summer fellowships for two months to bright undergraduate and MSc students (renewable for a second year for selected students). This programme has proved to be popular and competitive; each year, about 5000 students from all over India apply for the 120 fellowships awarded. Fifty fellowships are supported by the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India, fifteen by the Rajiv Gandhi Institute for Contemporary Studies, New Delhi, and the rest by the Centre.
Students are placed with research groups at the Centre or with scientists elsewhere in India. They are paid travel expenses and a monthly stipend of Rs. 6000. Selected students get the opportunity to participate in cutting-edge research, and several summer projects have led to publications in leading journals. Many of the summer students of past years have gone on to pursue graduate studies and a research career, at the JNCASR or at another leading university.
Application form can also be obtained by writing to the address mentioned below with a self-addressed
envelope of 16×25 cms with stamp of Rs. 10/- .
Summer Research Fellowship Programme,
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research,
Bangalore 560 064.
Important Dates :
Last date for requests for hardcopy application form : 9th December 2013
Last date for downloading application form from website : 12th December 2013
Last date for receipt of completed application form : 20th December 2013
1. Please make sure that your completed application contains :
(a) two confidential reports sealed by the referee and with the referees’ signatures across the seals.
(b) Xerox copies of relevant mark sheets etc.
2. students who have already completed this programme earlier need not apply.
3. your “area of research” on the left hand top corner of the mailing envelope.
4. mere applying to this programme does not warrant selection.