mhrd.gov.in: Korean Government Scholarships for Bachelors, Masters and PhD studies for Developing Countries 2015
Korean Government Scholarship 2015
This scholarship will be available for studies in the followings:
- Korean Language
- All the eligible applicants who wish to apply for this scholarship must be under 40 years of age as of 01st September 2015 (born after 01st Sept. 1975)
- All applicants are informed that if they wants to apply for this scholarship then they must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of 31st August 2015 for applying for Master’s degree or Doctoral degree respectively. Equivalent any foreign degree will be considered for this scheme.
- Applicants must be a citizen of the country from where the scholarship is offered.
- An applicant must have graduated or will be scheduled to graduate from high school/institute as of March 1st of the invitation year.
- Applicant must have possess minimum or above 80% (out of 100%) cumulative grade point average (CGPA), or must stand on the top 20% (out of 100%) in rank in high school
- All the eligible applicants are informed that they and their parents must hold foreign citizenships.
- All those applicants who hold Korean citizenship are not allowed to apply for this program.
- All the eligible applicants must be under 40 years of age as of Sep. 1st, 2013 (born after Sep. 1st, 1973).
- All applicants are informed that they must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of September 1st of the selection year.
- Applicants who have already enrolled themselves in or graduated from a university in Korea are not eligible to apply for the KGSP program.
- All those applicants who have previously enrolled in or graduated from an undergraduate program, a master’s program, or a doctoral program in Korea are not eligible to apply for this program.
- Applicants must maintain a grade point of at least 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4.3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale, or grades/marks/score of 80% or higher from the previously attended institution.
- If any applicant does not satisfy the above GPA requirements, then in that case he/she will not be eligible to apply to this program.
- The monthly allowance will be 9,00,000 won (KRW) per month.
- The Research Allowance will be 2,10,000 won for students in humanities and social sciences; 2,40,000 won for students in natural and mechanic sciences, per semester.
- Relocation Allowance: 200,000 won.
- Language Training Fee: Full coverage.
- Tuitions: all admission fees are waived by the host institution (university); the tuition is paid by NIIED.
- Dissertation Printing Costs: 500,000 – 800,000 won, depending on the actual costs.
- Medical Insurance: 20,000 won per month will be provided (limited coverage).
- Special funding for scholars who are proficient in the Korean Language (TOPIK Level 5 or 6): 100,000 won per month (commencing from the degree program)
- First of all the candidate need to get the copy of mark sheet of Bachelors degree or its equivalent for applying for masters and copy of Masters or equivalent for applying for Doctoral (Ph.D)
- Transcript from university/institution; if the transcript is not indicated in grades/marks/scores format, or is difficult to convert into percentage, attachment of official explanation from the attended institution is required.
- A copy of age proof i.e, date of birth certificate/ class 10th certificate or other equivalent document which states the age proof of the student.
- Application in other than mention subject-fields in the advertisement will not be considered. A candidate needs to apply only in 1 subject and for 1 of the degree courses.
- All the employed candidates needs to obtain ‘No Objection Certificate’ (NOC) certificate from their employer. If in case of Govt. servant, then a cadre clearance is a must obtained for the same.
- All the candidates are informed that they must give write-up of his/her plan of study in at least
The Korean scholarships will be awarded to the eligible students according to their all important documents which includes the transcript, self-introduction, study plan, certificates of language proficiency (Korean and English), recommendations, published papers and awards, etc.
The selection procedure for applicants will be done in three steps which are furnished below:
- First of all the applicants are informed that they must be selected by the concerned institution where he or she is applying through (a Korean embassy, or a designated university). Every 1st selection institution will draft a selections standard which is based on the criteria provisioned by NIIED, and then they will recommend the outstanding applicants according to its respective standards.
- Secondly, The NIIED Selection Committee will go through the selection of the most successful and outstanding candidates from the pool of applicants who are recommended by the 1st selection institutions.
- At last there will be only those candidates will be selected who are recommended by a Korean embassy and passed the 2nd selection round very successfully and then it will be evaluated for admission by the 3 universities to which they have applied for; every individual candidate needs to gain admission from at least one university.
The Korean scholarships is open for those students who are from the following countries:
China, Japan, Russia, Cambodia, Mongolia, Vietnam, Mexico, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Kazakhstan, Myanmar, Chinese Taipei, Uzbekistan, Turkey, USA, Ethiopia, Colombia, Nepal, Senegal, Bangladesh, Ukraine, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Morocco, Azerbaijan, El Salvador, Egypt, Tanzania, Germany, France, Dominica, Chile, Iran, Canada, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Kyrgyzstan, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Pakistan, Gabon, Romania, Belarus, Bulgaria, Slovakia, United Kingdom, Czech, Guatemala, Ecuador, Algeria, Yemen, Uganda, Belize, Honduras, Italy, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Poland, Ghana, Georgia, Greece, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, NIGERIA, Republic of South Africa, Netherlands, Nicaragua, Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste, Rwanda, Libya, Lithuania, Moldavia, Bahrain, Barbados, Bahamas, Venezuela, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Brazil, Brunei, Serbia, Seychelles, Sudan, Sweden, Slovenia, Armenia, Argentina, Haïti, Ireland, Afghanistan, Angola, Oman, Austria, Uruguay, Iraq, Israel, Zambia, Cameroon, Qatar, Kenya, Costa Rica, Cote d’Ivoire, Croatia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Panama, Paraguay, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Fiji, Hungary, Australia, Jordan