momascholarship.gov.in : MOMA Merit Cum Mean Scholarships 2014-15
MOMA Merit Cum Mean Scholarships 2014-15:
Merit cum Mean scholarship are issued and announced by the Ministry of Minority Affairs which is generally known as MOMA Scholarship. This scholarship scheme has main aim is to provide support and financial assistance to those students are financially weak. These students belongs to minority community and want to pursue their higher education and courses.
Minority community in India includes the (muslims, christians, buddhists, sikhs, parsis and jains) and the scholarship is awarded by the state govt to the various regions candidates. Every year more than 20,000 candidates are selected for this scholarship scheme.
Reservation for Girls students:
There will be 30% seats are reserved for the girls students who belong to minority community in the particular state. If the number of girls short then it would be made to another eligible boys students.
Types of Scholarship under MOMA scholarship:
There are three types of scholarship are granted under the MOMA which is generally designed for various categories and level. MOMA is divided into three parts and it is covered for class 1 to 12 and also for higher education courses after class 12. Here it is mentioned below:
Pre Matric Scholarship For class 1 to 1o
Post Matric Scholarship For class 11 to Phd
Merit cum Mean Scholarship For Professional and Technical courses
Eligibility Criteria :
- Both boy and girl student can apply for this scholarship scheme.
- It is for those students who wants to pursue the professional and technical courses.
- The student must belong to minority community.
- The student must be an Indian Student and pursuing his/her education in India itself.
- The annual income of student’s parent should not exceed to 2,50,000 lac per annum from all sources.
- The student must have scored minimum 50% marks in his/her previous final examination.
- If any student hold any other scholarship/ stipend then the student is not able to apply for the same.
Scholarship Amount :
The maintenance allowance for 10 months will be Rs. 10,000 /- per year which is payable to the student’s bank account. And the full course fee which is compensated to the student is Rs. 20,000/- per year.
Online Application Process:
While applying for MOMA scholarship through online mode the candidate is required to follow these simple steps which is furnished below:
- First visit the official website http://www.minorityaffairs.gov.in/
- Then select the name of the scholarship which you wish to apply.
- After that you need to register yourself on the website.
- Before this you are suggested to read the FAQs
- Scholarship application copy.
- One recent passport size photo of the student with signature
- Attested copy of educational certificate
- Copy of Income certificate of parent/ guardian
- Copy of Permanent residence proof
- Receipt of previous scholarship with sign of head of the department.
The selection will made on the basis of Merit.
Ministry of Minority Affairs,
11th Floor, Paryavaran Bhawan,
CGO Complex , Lodhi Road,
New Delhi – 110003