nbhm.dae.gov.in NBHM Scholarships for Pursuing PostGraduate Studies MA MSc in Mathematics 2015
The National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) is now inviting the young and talented applicants along with their filled application for the grant of scholarships to those students who wants to pursue their higher studies for M.A./M.Sc degree in Mathematics.
An applicant needs to contact the zonal coordinator if applicant’s hall ticket is not received by this date: 31st August 2015
Applicant is also required to contact the concerned centre-in-charge suggested by zonal coordinator if hall ticket is not received by this date: 11th September 2015
Eligibility Criteria for National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) Post Graduate Scholarships 2015-16
Only those applicants who are belonging to one of the following categories may apply for the same.Here we have furnished the eligibility points which applicants needs to attain:
- Students who are holding a 1st class degree in B.A./B.Sc in mathematics or those students who are holding a B.A. (Hons.)/B.Sc (Hons.) degree in Mathematics with at least 2nd class are eligible to apply.
- Those students who are in the final year of the B.A./B.Sc programme and expecting to complete their applied course by July with a 1st class (or, in case of an honours program, at least a second class)may also apply for the same.
- Those students who hold an impressive and good academic record and also have completed, or expect to complete by July 2015, one year of a recongized M.Sc Program in Mathematics
- Those students who have completed, or expect to complete by July 2015, 3 or 4 years of a five-year Integrated M.Sc programme in Mathematics with cumulative marks/grade equivalent to a first class are also eligible to apply for the same.
- Scholarship for NBHM Post Graduate Studies (M.A./M.Sc) in Mathematics 2015-16
All the successful candidates will be eligible to receive a scholarship worth Rs.6000/- (Six thousand only) per month, during their 2 year (one-year if the student is granted the scholarship during the second year) M.A/M.Sc program; the scholarships are sanctioned for one year at a time and are renewable at the end of the year, subject to satisfactory progress
Those students, who are selected for the award of the scholarship when in the final year of an MA/M.Sc programme or a 5 year integrated M.Sc programme, will get the scholarship only for one year
To receive the scholarship the students are required to enrolled their names in an appropriate institution, in India, for an M.A./M.Sc degree in Mathematics. The scholarship will be paid through the institution they join
Selection Process for NBHM Post Graduate Studies (M.A./M.Sc) Scholarship 2015-16
The selection process will be done on the basis of a written test which will be followed by interview of short-listed candidates
This written test will be held on Saturday, 19th September 2015. The test time duration will for two and a half hours and involve questions requiring short answers, primarily in the areas of analysis and algebra, but also in other areas of mathematics covered in undergraduate mathematics programme (Please visit the NBHM website or www.imsc.res.in to get an idea of the question papers for the previous years)
Written test Centres:
The written test will be conducted at the following centres and here we have mentioned all the centres below:
Zone 1: Chandigarh, New Delhi, Srinagar
Zone 2: Allahabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur
Zone 3: Mumbai, Goa, Pune, Vallabh Vidyanagar
Zone 4: Kolkata, Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Ranchi, Shillong
Zone 5: Chennai, Bangalore, Cochin, Hyderabad
Application Process for NBHM Post Graduate Studies (M.A./M.Sc) Scholarship 2015-16
- An applicant needs to make an applications which will be made on a plain paper and it should be made in the prescribed format which is mentioned at the end of this advertisement.
- The applicants must send their recent passport size photograph of the applicant affixed to it and a self-addressed envelope, to the Zonal Coordinator of the zone in which the candidate wishes to appear for the written test. Addresses of the zonal coordinators are given below.
- The envelope containing the application should be super-scribed NBHM MA/M.Sc Scholarship
- Each candidate should clearly indicate two centres from the zone in which she/he wishes to appear for the test, in order of preference. The addresses of the zonal coordinators for sending the completed applications are as follows:
Zone 1: Prof Gurumeet Kaur Bakshi, Dept of Mathematics, Punjab University, Hans Raj Gupta Hall, Chandigarh-160014, Emailgkbakshi@pu.ac.in
Zone 2: Dr Kalyan Chakraborty, Harish-Chandra Research Institute, Chhatnag Road, Jhusi, Allahabad-211019, Emailkalian@mri.ernet.in
Zone 3: Prof Nitin Nitsure, School of Mathematics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba, Mumbai-400005, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Zone 4: Prof Amites Dasgupta, Stat-Math University, Indian Statistical Institute, 203 BT Road, Kolkata-700018, Emailamites@isical.ac.in
Zone 5: Prof S Kesavan, Institute of Mathematical Sciences, CIT Campus, Taramani, Chennai-600113, Email
Important Dates for NBHM Post Graduate Studies (M.A./M.Sc) Scholarship 2015
Last date for receiving applications: 31st July 2015
Date of Written Test: 19th September 2015