nccs.res.in : Award for (DBT-JRF) Biotechnology Junior Research Fellowship 2015
The award of DBT-Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF) in Biotechnology (2015-16):
All applicants are informed that they can submit their duly filled applications for the award for the DBT Junior Research Fellowship for the year 2015-16. Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the award of DBT-Junior Research Fellowship (DBT-JRF) for pursuing the research in frontier areas of Biotechnology and Applied Biology.
JRFs will be selected on the basis of merit under two categories: Category I & II
Category I fellowship (Top 275 in number) are tenable in any University/Institute in India where the students can register for PhD.
Category II students (100 in number) will be eligible to join any DBT which is sponsored Project and avail fellowship equivalent to NET/GATE qualifications as per DST Guidelines, subject to selection through institutional selection process.
The Fellowship will be co-terminus with the duration of project and institutional rules will be applicable.
It is to be notice that there will be no binding on PIs of DBT sponsored projects to select JRF/SRF for their projects from category II list.
Selection in Category II will not entitle student for any fellowship from DBT-JRF program
- All candidates are informed that they can appear for BET examination only thrice during their career within the prescribed age limit.
- All those candidates who have completed or attain the eligibility qualification in a year will be eligible to appear in that year and two subsequent years.
- Those students who have passed after 01st Jan 2013 or are going to appear for this year (till August, 2015) final examination of qualifying degree is eligible to apply for the same.
- All those students with M.Sc/M.Tech/M.V.Sc degree with Biotechnology in title of degree e.g. Biotechnology, specialization such as Agricultural, Animal/Veterinary, Medical, Marine, Industrial, Environmental, Pharmaceutical, Food, Bio-resources Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Bio-sciences and Biotechnology, Bioinformatics and M.Sc Molecular & Human Genetics and M.Sc Neuroscience as well as B.Tech / B.E in Biotechnology (4-year course after 10+2) recognized by UGC/AICTE are also eligible for this exam.
- The applicants should be below the age of 28 years for open category as on 28th February 2015.
- The Candidates with minimum 60% for general and OBC category (55% for SC/ST/PH) of the total marks (equivalent grade) are only eligible for this fellowship.
For any other details or wish to apply online please visit the website link: https://nccs.digialm.com.
An online registration will be going to begin on 25th February 2015 and the closing date for submission of online application form is 25th March 2015.
DBT-BET (category I) entitles a candidate for fellowship subject to Ph.D registration of the candidate in a recognized university or Institute in the country within 2 years.
Currently, there are very few institutes or universities which allow B.Tech students to register for PhD directly; the registration for PhD is candidate’s responsibility and NCCS or DBT will play no role in this matter.
The guidelines of Govt. of India regarding the reservations will be followed for BET-2015
The age relaxation of 5 years (up to 33 years) for SC/ST/PH and women candidates and 3 years (31st years) for OBC candidates will be provided.
The age limit will be as on 28th February 2015.
All the SC/ST/PH candidates with minimum 55% of the total marks or (grade) are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Important Details of the Award:
This fellowship is initially for 3 years and it can be extendable for 2 more years which is truly based on candidate’s performance.
By the end of 2nd year, the performance of JRF will be assessed and will be upgraded to SRF.
The fellowship for JRF/SRF will be @ Rs 25,000/- or 28,000/- per month + HRA as per DST guidelines and research contingency of Rs 30,000/- per annum
The candidates will be selected on the basis on an online admission test, Biotechnology Eligibility Test (BET)which has to be conducted on 26th April 2015 at 02.30 p.m, in the following 12 cities which are listed below:
New Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Lucknow, Patna, Trivandrum and Ahmedabad
Application Form :
All eligible candidates are required to register and apply via online in the prescribed application form available at this website link: https://nccs.digialm.com which is going to start on 25th February 2015.
All the necessary details regarding the application process and the examination are easily available on the official website .
The step by step process for filling the online application form, payment of application fees and uploading of required documents/certificates is given in the above given URL.
The General or OBC candidates are required to pay an application fee of Rs.500/- and SC/ST/PH categories are exempted from payment of application fees.
The application fees is required to payable either online or offline as detailed on the web site for completion of application process.
All applicants are suggested that the application fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. There will be no TA will be provided to any candidate for attending the examination.
An Online registration will be going to begin on 25th February 2015
The closing date for submission of online application form is 25th March 2015
National Centre for Cell Science,
Pune (Govt. of India, Ministry of Science & Technology, Dept. of Biotechnology),
(Co-ordinated by National Centre for Cell Science, Pune),
National Centre for Cell Science,
Pune University Campus,