nestexam.in National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) 2015
The National Entrance Screening Test (NEST-2015) is conducted by the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai,
National Entrance Screening Test
The National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a mandatory and a very important test for all those candidates who are going for admission to the 5 year Integrated M.Sc program in basic sciences such as Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Mathematics at the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Dept. of Atomic Energy Center for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CBS), Mumbai; these NISER & CBS are the autonomous institutions which are came into existence in year 20o7the reputed Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Govt. of India.
These respective institutes have recently started with the motive to provide high level and proficiency in teaching with having basic sciences by a faculty of distinguished scientists embedded in a vibrant research environment and to create a national pool of scientists ready to take up research challenges in the frontiers of basic and applied sciences
The Integrated M.Sc program at these institutes follows a semester-based course structure and continuous assessment within a flexible and innovative academic curriculum, exposing the students to research early in their program
All the candidates are informed that they are admitted to five year Integrated MSc programme at NISER and CBS and also they are eligible for INSPIRE, Govt. of India, scholarship which provides the award of Rs.5000/- per month & Rs. 20,000/- per year to all the eligible and talented candidates for carrying out the summer projects.
Educational Qualification Required: All those candidates who are looking for the admission to NISER and UM-DAE CBS for the academic session 2015-16 must belongs from the science stream only and(having any combination of Biology/ Chemistry /Mathematics /Physics) at class XII and must appear the NEST 2015 examination.
All those candidates who have passed the 12th class annual examination or equivalent from any recognised Board in India in year 2013 or 2014 or are appearing in current year 2015 are eligible to appear in NEST 2015 examination. Here are some important eligibility points are given below:
- The admission will be awarded to all the eligible candidates on the basis of Merit List of NEST 2015.
- All those candidates who are securing minimum 60% marks or grade or equivalent in class 12th examination are eligible for admission to NISER and CBS.
- There will be no restriction or boundation on appearing for NEST. Those candidates who are belonging to SC/ST/OBC categories, and for these candidates the minimum requirement of marks is 55% in aggregate.
- Where only letter grades are available, a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage of marks is required.
- In the absence of such a certificate, the decision of the Admissions Committee of the concerned Institution will be final
Those candidates who are beongs from General and OBC category and the candidates who born on or after 15th July 1995 are eligible for admission to the integrated M.Sc programme of NISER/CBS.
Total number of Seats & Reservation
- Delhi North,
- Delhi South,
All eligible candidates are required to choose 2 centres in order of their preference while filling up of application form.
How to apply:
- The application fee which is to be paid by the male candidates who is belonged to General/OBC category is Rs.700/-
- The application fee for those candidates who are belongs from SC/ST/PD categories and all female candidates are required to pay the fees amount of Rs.350/-
- For offline applications the fee should be paid by Demand Draft only.
- Those candidates who have applied via online then in that case it can be paid by using credit or debit card or net-banking through ‘State Bank Collect’ online payment portal or by DD.
- For offline applications,the candidate is requested to add Rs.50/- as postal charges to the application fees mentioned above.
- Opening date of Online / Offline application for NEST 2015: 05th January 2015
- Last date for receiving request for Offline application form + Demand Draft: 19th February 2015
- Last date of Online/Offline Application: 07th March 2015
- Download/Dispatch of Admit Card begins: 15th April 2015
- NEST 2015 Exam: 30th May 2015 (Saturday) 09.30 am – 01.00 pm
- Result declaration in NEST website: 19th June 2015
Important points to remember: