nikonsmallworld.com: Nikon Small World Photomicrography Competition 2015
Every year the Nikon Corporation conducts Nikon International Small World Competition. Since 1975 it is conducting such a huge competition and also it offers a bright opportunity to the photomicrographs all over the world to communicate and to enhance the image making culture uniform for amateurs and professionals.
The Nikon International Small World Competition fosters a passionate and talented community which supports the photographers who are willing to share an extensive array of images related to scientific disciplines.
This year the subject of matter is unbounded and one can give any kind of light microscopy technique which will be acceptable.
All the desired candidates are suggested that they can directly upload the digital images on the official web page of Small World servers at Microscopy as per the guidelines.
- All the talented professionals can apply for the same before the due date.
- The eligible candidates who are applying for this competition must have an interest in digital or film photography through the microscope.
- The Photomicrographs must be taken using a light microscope and should be original work of the photographers and should not be submitted anywhere else.
- An electron microscopy is not acceptable.
- Those who are employees of Nikon or its subsidiary companies or associates are not eligible to apply for the same.
- This competition is for those candidates who are 18 years & above
- All applicants are required to apply through Online Application System which can be downloaded from this link: http://www.microscopyu.com/smallworld/registration/entrypage1.aspx
- All the eligible applicants are required to fill in the Small World Contest application form and upload their work. There will be no application charges are applicable for the contest.
- An applicant is requested to submit their 3 digital photographs
Guidelines for uploading the image
- The file size that an applicant needs to submit should be a maximum 100 MB.
- The file size should not be less than 3MB although smaller file sizes will not be disqualified.
- The presented files must be in.jpeg, .tiff, .pict or .psd format. Also the image should be in the highest quality range with regard to file size, bit depth, and resolution.
- In case the images are on a film then take care that 35mm mounted transparency will only be accepted. Glass mounts are strictly prohibited to use.
Important points to be noted
- All applicants are informed that they cannot submit the same work that has won any other competition.
- Applicants are able to submit maximum 3 photos & 1 video.
- Applicants can enter multiple times till they do not exceed the number of works allowed.
- Applicants may also cancel the submission and re-enter the work during the entry period of the contest.
- An entries should not be submitted through an email.
- Works that have won prizes in other contests and are submitted for other competitions before applying for this competition are not eligible.
- All files will be retained by Nikon Instruments Inc., and cannot be returned
- Applicants are informed that an electron microscopy is not acceptable.
- If the candidate fails to follow and attain by the above mentioned rules then their entry will be disqualified.
All applicants are suggested that the entries should be posted on the official website before the closing date which is 30th April, 2015.
- The selection process will be done by the Nikon’s panel of judges who will take the final decision.
- All entries will be judged on their Originality, informational content, Visual Impact and Technical Proficiency.
- All the winners shall be apprised through e-mail notified by August 15, 2015.
- Any applicant who fails to reply for the same within 14 days shall lead to disqualification. Any changes in the email shall be notified to the organizer through an email.
- All winners will be invited for the award ceremony and an exhibition which will be held for the awarded work. The date and venue shall be announced on the website.