oxbridgeindia.com Oxford and Cambridge society of India scholarship 2015 Application and Eligibility Criteria
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarships are part- cost awards for undergraduate, 2nd undergraduate, graduate study and research in any subject available at the Universities of Cambridge and Oxford, UK.
The oxford and Cambridge society of India (OCSI) is applicable to the furnished universities only
- University of Cambridge, UK
- University of Oxford, UK
There are some scholarships which may be limited to one or the other university, or sometimes to specific colleges at the universities.
Total Number of awards
Oxford and Cambridge Society of India is looking to select minimum 1 OCSI Scholar annually.
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen
- Candidate must be an ordinarily resident in India
- Candidate must be a or completed his/her graduation from an Indian university.
- Those applicants who are expected to graduate in the year of the award are also eligible to apply for this awards
- The eligible candidate must have applied for and secured admission to study a full‐time course at the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford
- All the deserving candidates are required to produce their proof of admission before grant of the scholarship, and proof of having taking up residence at Cambridge or Oxford before the scholarships funds would be released.
- Those candidate who are from the close family members of the Executive committee of the oxford and Cambridge society of India are not eligible to participate in this scholarship.
- Those candidates who have earlier received such monetary support from other institution are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
All deserving Candidate are informed that they must intend to pursue a course of study in one of the following
- Research leading to the PhD degree
- 1 year post‐graduate courses (such as ; M.Phil, LLM, Diploma, CASM or Part III Maths, MBA, PGCE etc.)
- Taught and research based Masters Programme of various durations (including M.Sc, engineering, medicine)
- Second Bachelors degree as an Affiliated Student/Senior Status o Bachelors degree programme
- Bachelors degree programme.
Candidate are informed that they must be admitted to the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford through the University’s normal academic process.
OCSI 2015 Reward
Following financial award of scholarships will be given through the oxford and cambridge society of India
- 1 OCSI scholarship is for worth INR 4,00,000 (Rupees Four Lac only) tenable at either the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford.
- There will be one scholarship is for worth INR 1,00,000 (Rupees One Lac only) tenable only at Emmanuel College, University of Cambridge.
- There will be one scholarship is for worth INR 1,00,000 (Rupees One Lac only) tenable only at St. Hilda’s College, University of Oxford.
Special Reward or Gift:
All the deserving candidates are also informed that they will also be offered the Richard and Lydia Evans Bursary for a gifted Indian Dalit student to study at Gonville & Caius College, University of Cambridge (full funding for an undergraduate student).
Other Facilities or Benefits:
- Students will get the financial award of scholarship
- The letter of support from OCSI for other scholarship awarding bodies.
- A financial assistance in fast-tracked education loan from an Indian financial institution, which is based on OCSI Scholarship letter, with automatic loan qualification-status from a leading financial institution
- Complimentary life membership of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India
- Mentoring, whereby a member of OCSI shall play the role of mentor and will support the OCSI during his/her stay at Oxford /Cambridge by giving appropriate guidance to the awardees.
- Assistance from OCSI in returning to India and reintegrating in the professional environment of India
Kindly Note: There will be minimum one scholarship is provided annually but the number and value of awards may vary per year.
OCSI 2015 Application Process
- All the applicants are required to get the application forms for OCSI scholarships which can be downloaded from this website link: http://www.oxbridgeindia.com/resources/OCSI_Scholarships_2015_Application_Form.pdf
- All the completely filled applications must reach at the below furnished address before the last date which is 30th April, 2015:
Chair of the Scholarships Committee,
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India,
20 A, Palam Marg,
- The final announcement regarding the scholarship will be sent to the concerned universities of Oxford and Cambridge, the British council and and a designated list of Indian colleges by February, 2015.
- All the selected or short-listed candidates will be informed by 15th May, 2015 and also they will also called for an interview.
- The decision of the OCSI Scholarship Committee on the short-listed and selection of candidates will be final and will not be change under any circumstances..
- All the selected or short-listed candidates are requested to present physically and attend an interview with the OCSI scholarship committee at a designated venue in New Delhi, usually in or just before the first week of June 2015.
- The full and final award will be offer and it will be made to selected candidates within 2 weeks of the scholarship interviews being held.
- There will be no travelling allowance will be paid to the candidates shortlisted for interview for coming to Delhi.
- Award offers will normally be made to selected candidates by 15th June 2015