sofworld.org 4th Scholarship Scheme for Girl Child 2014-15
4th Girl Child Scholarship Scheme 2014-15 :
SOF is pleased to announce the launch of the 4th Girl Child Scholarship Scheme for all those girls who have potential to do something very special. Under GCSS, SOF awards education scholarships worth Rs. 50001 each to 300 girl children in India who are academically good performer and belongs to financially weaker section of the society.
Official Website : http://www.sofworld.org/
Salient Features Of The Scheme :
1. TheG.C.S.S. is an annual scholarship covering one academic year ofa girl child.
2. UnderG.C.S.S., 300deserving girl children will beselected from across India.
3. The selection of the G.C.S.S. students will bedonefrom recommendations sent by schools.
4. Each selected girl will beawarded a scholarship off 5000/ to support her school education.
5. TheG.C.S.S.amount willbereleasedby30thNov2014.
6. Cheque for the amount, infavor ofthe selected student, will bedispatched at her school address.
Selection Criteria :
1. A school will send a proposal recommending a girl child for consideration for G.C.S.S.
2. Each school will recommend only one girl child.
3. Proposal should besigned bythe school Principal I Head Master I Head Mistress only.
4. Proposal should be in the specified format (enclosed) and complete in all respects with required attachments.
5. The girl being nominated must bestudying in recommending school inclasstwotoclassTen.
6. She should have scored at least aggregate 60% marks or equivalent grade in previous class.
7. The school should send a copy of her previous year’s report card duly certified by the principal to SOF along with the GCSS application form.
8. The marks criteria maybewaived off for a childwith major physical disability.
9. Child’s parents’ combined monthly income should be less than f 150001-
10. All proposals received will beevaluated bya Committee set up by SOF.
11. Qualifiers ofG.C.S.S. will be notified individually and through respective schools.
12. Decision ofthe SOF Committee will befinal and binding.
13. Incase ofanydispute,jurisdiction will vest with Delhi courts only.
14. Recommendation under 4th G.C.S.S. should be submitted by 30th Sept 2014 at the Head office of Science Olympiad Foundation.
Last Date : 30th September 2014