transport.telanagana.gov.in Process of Learner’s Licence and Driving Licence Application
About Driving Licence :
The Government of TELANGANA has recently announced to provide Simple, Moral, Accountable, Responsive and Transparent in short SMART services to the people through the concept of Citizens’ Charter. The Transport Department, as part of the implementation of this Citizens’ Charter, has simplified the procedures to get a Driving Licence. Driving Licence Made Easy and for more details kindly read and follow the instruction given below:
Website : http://www.transport.telangana.gov.in/
Why do you need a Driving Licence :
According to the Motor Vehicle Act 1988, a valid Driving Licence is necessary to drive any motor vehicle on public roads.
Where do you get it :
At the Regional Transport Office or Motor Vehicles Inspector’s Office, having jurisdiction over your residential area.
When do you get it :
After completion of 16 years of age, for driving motor cycles with engine capacity not exceeding 50cc with the consent of the parent / guardian. After completion of 18 years of age, motor cycles with engine capacity exceeding 50cc and light motor vehicle. After completion of 20 years of age, for an endorsement to drive transport vehicles.
How to get a Driving Licence :
There are two stages to get a Permanent Driving Licence.
Stage I : Obtaining A Learner’s Licence
Applicants for a Learner’s Licence should appear personally before the Licensing Authority with the following:
1. Application Form No. 2 (available with the department)
2. Fees of Rs. 50/- for each class of vehicle
3. Proof of age, appropriate for relevant class of vehicle. For example Birth Certificate, Secondary School Certificate, Life Insurance Policy, Passport etc.
4. Proof of residence like Ration Card, Electoral Roll, Electricity / Telephone Bill etc., showing the name of the person.
5. Medical Certificate in Form No. 1A wherever applicable.
6. 3 recent passport size photographs of the applicant.
7. Applicants for Transport Vehicle Licence must apply in Form No. 8 and produce a Permanent Driving Licence for Light Motor Vehicle held by him, at least for one year.
8. Applicants for Learner’s Licence shall pass a test regarding basic traffic signs and driver’s responsibilities. The Learner’s Licence so issued is valid for a period of six months from the date of issue and is renewable for another period of six months, during its validity.
To Download Form Click Here : http://www.transport.telangana.gov.i…s-licence.html
Stage II : Obtaining A Permanent Licence
An application for a driving Licence shall be made in Form 4 and shall be accompaied by:
1. An effective learner’s Licence to drive the vehicle of the type to which the and application relates.
2. Appropriate fee as specified in Rule 32 (CMV RULES), for the test of competence to drive and issue of Licence.
3. Three copies of the applicant’s recent passport size photographs.
4. Medical certificate in Form 1A wherever applicable. An application for a medical certificate (Form – IA) shall contain a declaration in Form – 1
5. driving certificate in Form 5 in case of transport Licence.
For obtaining a fresh driving Licence he/she has to undergo driving test of the relevent vehicle for which he/she has applied for and pass the test of competence to drive.
Download Form Here : http://www.transport.telangana.gov.i…t-licence.html
Do you need to produce a Medical Certificate :
Applicants for the Non-Transport Licences, under the age of 50 years do not require a Medical Certificate. However, those applicants who are over 50 years of age must produce a Medical Certificate. All applicants for Transport Vehicle Licence must produce a Medical Certificate, irrespective of their age.
For More Details click here: http://www.transport.telangana.gov.i…g-licence.html