ugc.ac.in Apply for Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Students 2013-15
Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder 2013-15 :
The respective University Grants Commission, on the basis of a initiative of M/HRD, which had introduced the recent scheme of Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship Scheme for University rank holders with the initiative of attracting talents for pursuing post-graduate studies. The scheme is for non-professional courses only. To know more about the eligibility, how to apply, required papers, age limit etc. please read below:
Online Application : ugc.ac.in/urh/registration.aspx
Home Page : http://www.ugc.ac.in/ugc_schemes/
Eligibility Criteria :
The 1st & 2nd Rank holders at UG level are admitted in any non-professional Postgraduate Course and they would be awarded for the scholarship. The Undergraduate courses from furnished streams have been identified for the award of scholarships:
a) Life Sciences
b) Physical Sciences
c) Chemical Sciences
d) Earth Sciences
e) Mathematical Sciences
f) Social Sciences
The scholarship would however, be subject to securing a minimum of 60% marks at undergraduate level.
The rank holders would be considered only from affiliated universities where in atleast 100 students and in deemed / private Universities / Autonomous / Nonaffiliated colleges, at least 25 students have appeared in the examination at undergraduate level in the aforesaid programmes.
1. First & Second Rank holders at under-graduate level in the above mentioned specified streams only admitted in any non-professional Post-Graduate course would be awarded this scholarship.
2. These awardees will have to submit the proofs of their merit position at undergraduate level in University/Institute/Autonomous College as well as their admission in first year of Post-Graduate course during academic year 2010-11.
3. The scholarship would however, be subject to securing a minimum of sixty percent marks at undergraduate level.
4. The rank holders would be considered only from affiliated universities wherein at least 100 students and in deemed / private Universities (*) / Autonomous / Nonaffiliated colleges, at least 25 students have appeared in the examination at undergraduate level in the aforesaid programme
Age Limit : Maximum 30 years
Duration of Scholarship : 2 years
Number of scholarships : 3000
Rate of Scholarships : Rs. 2000/- p.m. (10 months in a year) (Total 20 months)
How you submit the Form:
Firstly you are required to log on here and then click on “Apply Now” option, and then click on “Click here for New Registration.!!” link. If you are already registered candidate, then you can check your status by entering your registration ID and date of birth.
Required documents to be submitted at the time of application:
You are required to submit the Application in a prescribed format.
1. You need to submit the proof of admission to Master’s degree course in a recognized Indian University/College/Institution.
2. Matriculation Certificate clearly indicating the age of the Candidate.
3. Prescribed Joining Report from the institution where the candidate has taken admission for P.G. Course (Annexure-I).
4. Prescribed Provisional Rank Certificate at U.G. level (Annexure-II).
All eligible students who are pursuing postgraduate 1st year course in any of the Non- Professional Course in the current year, i.e. can now submit their application for the above scholarship in a prescribed format alongwith all relevant attested copies of required documents.
The application shall be submitted to the concerned Deputy Secretary (SR-III), University Grants Commission, Bahadurshah Zafar Marg, New Delhi-110002 within 30 days from the date of publication of this advertisement in the Employment News/Rojgar Samachar (full advt.) and in leading National Dailies (short advt.).