ugc.ac.in Indira Gandhi Scholarship of Post Graduate for Single Girl Child 2014-16
Name of the Department : University Grants Commission (ugc.ac.in)
Type of Service : Indira Gandhi Scholarship of Post Graduate for Single Girl Child 2014-16
Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child 2014-16
It is generally observed in India that number of girls is diminishing against boys in most of the states and is declining day by day which is a matter of great concern. Today also in certain areas females are even forced to give birth to male child. In such circumstances education of women needs to be used and effective means for their empowerment and education will prepare them to have a control over their lives. The mindset which militates against the girl child could not keep pace with economic progress and literacy. The Govt. of India declared elementary education as a basic human right of every child. The Union Government of India has taken various steps to uplift the status of women by implementing various schemes including free education for girls.
In order to achieve and promote girls education, UGC has introduced a Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child with an aim to compensate direct costs of girl education to all levels especially for such girls who happen to be the only girl child in their family.
Eligibility Criterions for this scholarship:
Any single girl child who happen to be a only child or twin daughter or fraternal daughter in the family , if one son and one daughter is available then girl child will not be considered for scholarship under the scheme. The scheme is applicable to such a single girl child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Masters Degree course in any recognized university or a post graduate college. This scholarship is available to PG-I year students only.
Amount of the Scholarship:
The amount of Scholarship amount is Rs.2,000/- per month for a period of (10 months in the year) for two years only i.e. full duration of a PG course.
An applicant must be below of age 30 years to fill the scholarship form.
How to Apply Online :
Kindly Note :
This scholarship scheme is applicable for a Single Girl Child who has taken admission in regular, full-time 1st year Master’s Degree course in any recognized university or a post graduate college.This scholarship is available to PG 1st year student only.
Mandatory attachments required during submission of online application:
Applicant will be required to upload scanned copies of the following documents while applying online:
1. An affidavit on Rs. 50/ Stamp paper, from the student/parent duly attested by SDM/First Class Magistrate/Gazatted Officer. Download Prescribed Format
2. A Joining report from College/University where student have taken admission to 1st year PG course. Download Prescribed Format
Note: Candidate will not be able to submit her application unless above mentioned documents are uploaded.
Steps to fill-in the online form:
Step -1: Fill-in Personal Information including personal & contact detail. A candidate’s registration id is generated on completion of step 1 that can be used for generating a pdf file once submission process is completed.
Step-2: Fill-in Qualification Information & Declaration including PG course details.
1. The applicant is required to submit an application in prescribed format through online mode.
2. An affidavit on Rs. 50/ Stamp paper, from the student/parent duly attested by SDM/First Class Magistrate/Gazatted Officer download prescribe format form from here scan it and convert in .pdf format and upload it under the “Personal Information” tab of online application.
3. A Joining report from College/University where student have taken admission to 1st year PG course download prescribe format form from here scan it and convert in .pdf format and upload it under the “Qualification Information” tab of online application.
Closing Date: 15/09/2014