ugc.ac.in : Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders for Post Graduate Programs 2015
An online applications are invited by University Grant Commission (UGC) for Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders. Those candidates who are interested for the same kindly apply for it before the due date.
The University Grants Commission, on the basis of a initiative of MHRD, has recently introduced the scheme of Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship Scheme for University rank holders with the main objective behind it of giving the bright chance to all those young talents for pursuing their post-graduate studies.
The main motive of this scheme is to attract talent for pursuing post graduate studies besides strengthening the basic subjects at Undergraduate level.
Post-Graduate Merit Scholarship Scheme of UGC Post Graduate is for non-professional courses which is only designed for regular students.
The selection process will be based on merit basis. The awardees under this scheme can easily pursue their Post-Graduate programme in any field of specialization and also in any institution of higher learning in the country recognized by UGC.
This scholarship is basically meant for the above said courses only. There will be no professional Courses are applicable under this scheme.
The Undergraduate courses from following streams have been identified for the award of scholarships:
1. Physical Sciences
2. Life Sciences
3. Earth Sciences
4. Chemical Sciences
5. Mathematical Sciences
6. Social Sciences
All the reputed universities/degree awarding institutions would be required to issue rank certificates to the toppers of the university in B.A., B.Sc., and B.Com
The available total number of scholarships in the 1st academic year would be around 3000. The time duration of the scholarship will be 2 years only. The tenure of the scholarship will not be extendable beyond 2 years, under any situation and circumstances
There will be each awardee, under the scheme, will be awarded a scholarship worth of Rs.2000/- per month for 2 years (i.e. 10 months in a year); no other additional grants will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
Eligibility Criteria :
The 1st & 2nd Rank holders at Under Graduate level and admitted in any Postgraduate Course would be awarded the scholarship. The students will have to submit the proof of their merit position at undergraduate level as well as their admission in postgraduate courses
The scholarship would however, be subject to securing a minimum of 60% marks at undergraduate level
The scheme is applicable to such students who have taken admission in regular, full-time Master’s Degree course in any recognized university, deemed university, private university , autonomous college or a post graduate college
The scholarship is available to the student for first PG Degree only. Age limit for the students is 30 years at the time of admission in PG course
Distance mode of education will not be considered under the scheme
These awardees will have to submit the proofs of their merit position at undergraduate level in University/Institute/Autonomous College as well as their admission in first year of Post-Graduate course
The rank holders would be considered only from affiliated universities where in at least 100 students and in deemed / private Universities / Autonomous / Non affiliated colleges, at least 25 students have appeared in the examination at undergraduate level in the aforesaid programmes
- All those students who are awarded Post-graduate Scholarship will not be debarred from accepting any other scholarship or stipend.
- Those Students who desire of leaving the studies mid-way without completing the PG degree will have to take prior approval from the concerned UGC by submitting an application in a prescribed manner along with the justification through the concerned university
- If any student who discontinues their studies without prior approval of the UGC will have to refund the whole amount and the concerned institution will be responsible for this.
- The university/college/ institution has to submit a certificate of completion of the PG course in respect of each student availing this scholarship
- No extension is permissible beyond two years
The candidates fulfilling the eligibility conditions are required to apply online against the advertisement to be published by the UGC every year on the following website i.e. www.ugc.ac.in or www.ugc.ac.in/urh
- The eligible candidate is required to submit their filled application in the prescribed format.
- An attested copy of university undergraduate-degree/diploma.
- Matriculation certificate
- A verification certificate by the institute where, students has taken admission to Ist Year PG Course
- Prescribed format of provisional Rank certificate from the university / autonomous college
Certificate to be submitted by the concerned University/ Institution to the UGC:
There will be every year the University/Institution will submit a compiled statement for the following:
- The statement giving the names of the selected students for the scholarship along with their receipt of scholarship amount.
- Also the progress Report to be submitted after the first year of the award giving percentage of marks obtained by the candidates
- Utilization certificate
Last Date to Apply is 30th August 2015
For more details, please visit : http://www.ugc.ac.in/urh
University Grants Commission
Bhadur Shah Zafar Marg,