wcd.nic.in : National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement 2015
The concerned Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD), Government of India, recently announced and presenting the National Child Award for Exceptional Achievement.This award is basically designed for those candidates who show their exceptional talent in a relevant field in which various fields are included like wise arts, culture,sports,and more importantly academics. Just to give and motivate these talents the concerned Women and Child Development department has decided to give this award.
The main objective is to encourage and motivate the children who had shown their exceptional achievement in various field including academics, arts, culture and sports etc.
Nature of Awards
A. Gold Medal – 1 (One)
1. A cash prize of Rs.20, 000/-
2. A Citation and certificates, and
3. A Gold Medal
B. Silver Medals – 35 (Thirty five)
1. Award money @ Rs.10, 000/- for each awardee.
2. A citation and certificate for each awardee, and
3. A Silver Medal for each awardee.
Target Group and categories:
Those children who falls under the age between 4 to 15 years and also who have shown an exceptional talent in any field including academics, arts, culture and sports etc. are eligible for this award. One Gold Medal and 35 silver Medals (one for each State / UT) are to be given annually t each candidate.
1. The closing date for submission of nominations for each year is 31st July 2015.
2. Date of announcement of the award: November 14 2015
1. The candidates will be selected for the Award which should unusual talent and exceptional achievement in any field including academics, arts, culture and sports etc.
2. The candidates needs to present his/her Age certificate (Date of birth) which has to be duly attested by a Gazetted officer and should be attached along with the form.
3. Tributes/traits, which are claimed to be possessed by the child extraordinary or exceptional, should be reported in the Press, or have been tested by experts in the field. It should also be possible to subject the claim to an objective test.
A National Selection Committee out of the cases recommended by various bodies will make the selection.
Process of Execution:
All candidates must know that the application should be recommended by State / UT Departments, any Department of Government of India / District Authority, Local Self Government (Panchayat, Zila Parishad, Municipal Corporation etc.), Experts in the field, Member of Parliament, Member of Legislative Assemblies / Legislative Councils and reputed Voluntary Organizations.
For more details and latest notifications you are requested to visit this website link : www.wcd.nic.in