West Bengal (ASRY) Adivasi Shiksha Rrinn Yojana Backward Classes Welfare Department
WEST BENGAL ADIVASI SHIKSHA RRINN YOJANA (ASRY) : BACKWARD CLASSES WELFARE DEPARTMENT
The Backward Classes Welfare Department, Govt. of West Bengal has started an Educational Loan Scheme, naming Adivasi Shiksha Rrinn Yojana (ASRY) for the Scheduled Tribes candidates for Professional and Technical course including Ph.D. in India accomplished by Colleges and Universities approved by UGC/Govt./AICTE/ICMR etc.
Who are eligible for the Education Loan:
- The student must be a Resident of West Bengal
- The students must belongs to the Scheduled Tribe category and must have caste certificate issued by competent authority.
- Their parents family annual income must be upto double the Poverty line. In the Rural areas, the income limit is Rs. Eighty one thousand (81,000/-) per annum and in Urban Area, the limit is Rs. One lac Four Thousand (1,04,000/-) per annum.
- The student must have got the admission in recognized educational institution before applying the scheme.
List Field name which comes under Professional and Technical course covered under the loan education scheme:
Full time Professional and Technical course in the field of –
- Medical, Dental
- Management Information Technology,
- Hotel management & Catering Technology,
- Law Education,
- Journalism & Mass communication
- CA & Higher Education like Doctoral Studies leading to M.Phil/PhD from govt. recognized institute
- B.Ed course and Nursing course conducted from Govt. recognized institution.
Amount of Loan:
90% of Expenditure will be given for the entire duration of course subject to a maximum Loan Amount of Rupees Five Lacs (5,00,000/-) to the each eligible family.
Rest 10% of expenditure will be borne by the student.
Loan would be given for admission, Examination, Library, Laboratory, Tuition Fee, Boarding and Loding, Caution Money, Building Fund, Refundable Deposit, Books, Stationery items, Computer, Equiments, Instruments, Study Tours, Project Work/Thesis and Insurance Premium for student and any other expenses towards completion of course.
Six (6) percent every year will be charged from the applicant.
Recovery will be start after the suspension period ie., Course period + 1 ½ years after getting job, whichever is earlier within next ( 5 years subject to maximum period of 10 years).
A Memorandum of Agreement must be signed by the applicant and their parenets with West Bengal Tribal Development Corporation Ltd. with detailing the terms and conditions of the loan and its repayment.
An applicant also have to agree that he/she has not availed education loan from anywhere and is also not getting any scholarship from the government.
Required Documents for applying the Education Loan:
1) Applicant are required to submit the application form with signed by himself/herself and their parents as co-loanee.
2) Two recent coloured photograph of the applicant.
3) Submit the ST Certificate issued by the competent authority (Original and photocopy).
4) Income certificate of parents/guardian issued by Sabhapati of Panchayat Samiti or Block Development Officer of sub divisional officer and from any Gazetted officer or certificate by the employer.
5) Birth Certificate- student can submit admit card of board as age proof (Original and photocopy).
6) Residence proof – Submit the copy of EPIC card/Electricity/Telephone Bill/Passport/Bank pass book issued by any Nationalised Bank/Certificate issued by appropriate authority.
7) Must submit the Certification by the Institute in the prescribed format duly signed and sealed by the Institute.
8) The applicant need to submit the Mark sheet of entrance exam. (original and photocopy).
For more details visit to www.anagrasarkalyan.gov.in website.