www.ciet.nic.in : National ICT Award for School Teachers 2015
The Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in Schools has been changed and a new concept on National Award for Teachers for use of ICT in Education has been announced by the concerned authority.
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India invites the nominations for the National ICT awards for the year 2015, from all States/ UTs and Autonomous Educational Institutions under MHRD.
Teachers of primary, upper primary, secondary, higher secondary schools pertaining to the following organizations are eligible to be nominated under the scheme:
- State Government schools/schools run by local bodies and Government Aided Schools (including the Government and Private schools affiliated to State Boards of Education)
- Central Government schools i.e. Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs), Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs), Central Tibetan Schools (CTS), Schools run by Ministry of Defence (MOD) i.e. Sainik Schools etc. and schools run by Atomic Energy Education Society (AEES)
- Schools affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) other than those at (i) and (ii) above.
- Schools affiliated to Council for Indian Schools Certificate Examinations (CISCE)
According to the guidelines of the Scheme, the selection process for identifying the awardee teachers involves the following:
- The respective schools will send detailed entries in the prescribed manner along with the supporting documents copies to the Directorate of Education of their States/UTs/Organisation through proper channel (Principal/DEO/Regional Offices etc.).
- A Committee under the Chairmanship of Secretary/Commissioner (Education) of the concerned State/UT/Autonomous Organisations (KVS, NVS, CBSE, CISCE, CTSA, AEES, MOD etc.) will scrutinize all the entries and shortlist the candidates and forward the same to the Member Secretary of the Awards Committee alongwith minutes of the meeting. The State/UT/organization shall recommend only twice the number of teachers as their awards quota, in order of merit.
All the selected candidates are required to make presentations before the Awards Committee. An Invitation in this regard will be sent to teachers directly by CIET-NCERT with intimation to their Directorate/Organisation. The composition of the Committee will be as follows:
- Director, NCERT, New Delhi: Chairman
- DDG. NIC, New Delhi: Member
- Representative from Secondary Education Bureau, Dept. of SE&L, Ministry of HRD, GOI : Member
- Representative from Dept of IT, New Delhi : Member
- Joint Director, CIET, New Delhi: Member Secretary
The Awards Committee would recommend the required number of awardees to the Ministry with justification. The Ministry will process the recommendation for the awards.
There will be each awardee teacher will be awarded with a laptop, a silver medal and a commendation certificate. All winners will form a community of resource persons through networking.
Each entry from the State should include an individual applications (according to the Proforma attached) of teacher nominated along with necessary documents and certificates. The closing date for forwarding of short listed candidates along with minutes of the selection committee by State Govt./UTs/Autonomous Organisation to the Joint Director, CIET-NCERT, New Delhi-110016 is 31st June, 2015.
It is suggested to all the teachers/schools of your esteemed organization are required to submit their nominations to the concerned office on or before 31st March 2015. Nominations / entries in any case should not be sent to NCERT directly by the teachers/schools.
For more details regarding eligibility, rules, and entry form, please visit our website www.ciet.nic.in or write to:
The Joint Director,
Central Institute of Educational Technology (CIET),
NCERT Sri Aurobindo Marg,