www.msbte.com Maharashtra Scholarship Scheme
MSBTE Scholarship :
The objective of the Scheme is to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students belonging to minority communities to enable them to pursue professional and technical courses. These scholarships are available for studies in India only and will be awarded through an Agency designated by the State Government/UT Administration for this purpose. For more details kindly read below:
ELIGIBILITY FOR MSBTE SCHOLARSHIP :
1. The applicant should be a fresh student and admitted for the very first time to the First Year Semester of any AICTE approved Diploma course in Engineering and Technology from MSBTE affiliated Institute in Maharashtra for all the fresh candidates.
2. The applicant must have scored minimum 70% marks at the entry qualification (SSC for all Engineering & Technology courses and HSC for Pharmacy course). The total percentage of marks scored at the qualifying examination shall be considered for First year admitted students.
3. The applicant should not be in receipt of any other Scholarship or Freeship during the academic year 2012-13 i.e. the academic year for which scholarship is awarded.
4. An income limit for becoming eligible for scholarship shall be maximum 5 Lakh per year.
5. If the earning member is expired and the student is in need of the scholarship, then in that case he or she should be considered as a eligible at any stage of his / her diploma education so that the student should not be dropped out for want of tuition fees.
6. The scholarship will be continued for another year only on receipt of application from the award and must have passed the examination in First Class (both semesters taken together).
7. The amount of Scholarship per year is Rs.7000/-
8. Candidate can easily apply during IInd year and III rd year, subject to fullfill the eligibility criteria as that of 1st year. Scholarship shall be issued as per discipline wise merit among the applicants, passing first year and second year diploma examination result respectively against the discipline wise vacancies. The total number of scholarship for 2nd year and 3 rd year should not more than the maximum number of scholarship that can be issued in 1st year (i.e. total number of scholarship for each year should not exceed by 952).
9. Candidate admitted in Autonomous Polytechnic within Maharashtra, whose equivalence are confirmed by MSBTE, Mumbai are also eligible to apply.
10. The Total No. of Scholarships will be calculated every year on the basis on intake capacity of MSBTE affiliated courses for that particular year. Scholarship per course shall be in proportionate to 6 Number per 1000 for intake capacity. However, the No. of scholarship as per State Merit List shall be limited to 952 only for each year.
PROCESS FOR MSBTE SCHOLARSHIP:
1. All eligible students needs to fill the important information through online, you need to upload scanned documents whichever required as given below, you need to confirm the application and submit to the Principal of their institute with an attested copy each of
i) Entry qualification (SSC for all and HSC-for Pharmacy only) mark-sheet and
ii) Income certificate of parents for the academic year.
iii) Statement of Marks of 1st year 2nd year diploma course.
2 . The concerned institute will verify every details of the application confirmed by student. After confirming the correctness of information, institute has to confirm the application, get print of the reports of all the eligible students and submit the same duly signed with institute seal along with necessary declaration to respective RBTE.
3. RBTE will verify the document through 3 member committee headed by principal of polytechnic & assisted by person not below the rank lecturer and confirm the same online.
4. MSBTE will sort out the data of eligible candidates and display the list of candidates to whom scholarship shall be issued at its websitewww.msbte.com. The maximum number of scholarship to be issued shall be as per total sanctioned intake of course.
5. The queries, if any will be taken within specified period after display of provisional list on website. Institute should check for issue of any other scholarship to the concern student, and if so the same is to be brought to notice of MSBTE, immediately.
6. Final list of eligible students to whom scholarship shall be issued will be displayed. MSBTE will award the scholarship to candidates through institute by issuing cheque or by transferring the scholarship amount to the bank account as informed by the candidate.
Web Portal: http://msbte.com/msbte_html/