- The total time duration of this fellowship is for 9 months
- The fellowship consists of 2 phases:
- Phase 1 will consists only 3 months Research and Training undertaken at DOALOS at the United Nations Headquarters in New York.
- Phase 2 will be for only 6 months with having an Advanced Academic Research and Study undertaken at one of the prestigious participating Host Institutions.
- Candidates must be nominated by their government, employer, or competent organization.
- Candidate must have recognised university degree in the related discipline and must have the ability to undertake independent research and studies in an academic context.
- Candidate must be a mid-level professionals who can demonstrate the work directly on ocean issues.
- Candidate also be in a right position to accept the placement with host institution for a period not less than 9 months
- Be in a position to obtain all relevant visas, including transit visas.
- All the eligible and deserving candidates must have age between 25 and 40 maximum to apply for the same.
How to Apply:
- All the talented and eligible applicants must have complete their application form and also nomination form, the United Nations Medical Questionnaire form at:
- All candidates are informed that their completed application form must be sent to this address:
The United Nations – The Nippon Foundation of Japan Fellowship Programme,
Division for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea,
Office of Legal Affairs,
United Nations, Room DC2-0450,
New York, NY 10017, USA.
- E-mail (Preferred): DOALOS@un.org
Last Date to apply : 11th September, 2015.
For more details, please visit: http://www.un.org/depts/los/nippon/