www.worldbank.org :RSM Fellowships Program 2015 Application Process and Eligibility
The RSM Fellowships Program is known as Robert S. McNamara Fellowship, which is conducted by the World Bank in honour of the former World Bank President.
It was came into existence in year 1982 in association with the various countries such as:
This scholarship is not carrying out the complete Ph.D studies and 1st year Ph.D, students cannot apply for this Fellowship.
This Fellowship is inviting all the Ph.D candidates who comes from 144 developing countries. Here are the list of countries is mentioned below for the assistance.
- Those candidates who wish to pursue Ph.d must attain the age linit which is 35 years maximum.
- Academic Qualification – The candidate must have Master’s Degree to apply for this fellowship
- If the applicant is not having a Master’s degree, then in that case the applicant needs to get the official letter from his/her concerned university which states that his/her academic credentials are just equivalent to a Master’s degree.
- The Candidates must be admitted under a Ph.D. programme in a member country of the World Bank which is listed below.
- The candidate must be accepted as a visiting scholar for research for a period of 6-10 months in a World Bank member country other than the candidate’s home country.
- This scholarship is also available for Ph.D students who are planning to carry out innovative and developmental research for their country.
- The first preference will be given to those lecturers/researchers who are presently employed in an academic/research institutions in their home country.
- The candidates must have finished all the coursework and exam requirements in relation to the doctoral program.
- The maximum age limit should not exceed 35 years as on February 11, 2015.
- Please pay attention that the candidate’s home country should be a developing country listed under The World Bank.
- Should not be currently employed.
* If the candidate employed, then he/she must be working in a research/academic institution in the home country.
* If candidate is employed, then he/she must be working in the home country and carrying out Ph.D in a World Bank member country.
- All eligible Fellows are suggested that they must sign an agreement which states that they have to return back to the home country after the completion of research work.
Not Eligible Points for the Scholarship
- If candidate is a first year Ph.D student then he/she is not able to apply.
- If the candidate is a dual citizen of a developed country then also he/she not eligible to apply.
- If the candidate is a World Bank employee then the candidate is not able to apply.
- If the candidate has availed RSM Fellowship earlier then it is not allowed to apply again for the same fellowship..
- If candidate has availed any other source of funding/scholarship.
RSM Fellowships Program Reward
The RSM Fellowships Program consists a reward of maximum $25,000 for a period of 6-10 months between July-December 2015.
- Tuition Fees: This fellowship covers the whole amount of tuition fee for innovative research. The whole tuition fee will be charged by the head of institution on the basis of the research and budget proposal.
- Research Allowance: All those students of Ph.D will also receive an allowance which will cover the complete cost of stationary such as books, research material, local field trips, seminars and other expenses.
- Living Stipend: All Ph.D. candidates will be offered a living stipend which will cover almost the basic housing and health allowance. This cost will be varies from institution to institution.
- Travel Expenses: This Fellowship will also cover the airfare which is needed to travel to the host institution and return fare to travel back to the home country.
Terms and Conditions for Disbursal of Allowances:
The process of Disbursal of the above listed expenses will be in direct proportion and the according to the performance of the Fellows Research. All the eligible Fellows will be awarded the grant of the above benefits subject to the following conditions:
- All the Ph.D. candidates are required to submit their mid-term report and also their final report to their research adviser for the further process.
- Then the research adviser provides the affirmation letters in support of the research work carried out by the Fellow.
RSM Fellowships Program Application Process
Important Guidelines for Filling RSM Fellowship Program Application Form: Please read the furnished guidelines to get he assistance to fill the application form:
- The candidates are first required to sign up for the Fellowship by just entering their valid e-mail ID and requires to set the password. Click here to register: https://app.wizehive.com/appform/login/wbmcnamara
- At the time of filling up the application form, candidates will be provided a ‘Save Draft’ option at the bottom of the page. All candidates are informed that they may save the current page and then return back to change the required details (if required). Or you can, press ‘Next’ option button to proceed.
- At the time of filling up the fellowship form, you will be asked to request an amount for the research work. The amount you request shall not be exceeded up to $25,000.
- The candidates can navigate the filled pages and edit details while filling up the application form.
- After the successful submission of the application form there can be no further editing and changes will be done.
Steps to Fill the Application Form
- Once the candidate will Sign up, then he/she will be redirected to another page. And on that page the candidate have to select ‘Create or Edit Application which is necessary and given on the page.And here we have furnished the important steps to fill the application form , and all candidates are requested to read and follow the same:
- Step 1: First you are required to fill the application form in a prescribed manner. You have choice to fill the application form in various languages options.
- Step 2: Then the page will ask you to fill your academic details. After filling up the necessary details you need to save the draft and then click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Step 3: On 3rd page, you are required to provide the details of the host university where you are applying. Also you need to provide the requested amount for the Fellowship. The requested amount should not exceed up to $25,000.
- Step 4: The next step ask the candidate to fill his/her employment details (if have).
- Step 5: In this step, the candidate needs to mention some important and necessary details regarding his/her research work in described format.
- Step 6: This step requires the candidate to fill the details of financing his/her highest university degree in percentage form.
- Step 7: In this step, the candidate needs to upload and attach the required and supportive academic documents.
- Step 8: This step contains a Survey, Declaration and signature of the candidate. Here the candidates needs to upload a scanned copy of their full signature.
- Now Please click on ‘Submit’option.
- You have to keep a printed copy of application form with you safely for future reference.
Submission of the Application Form
- Candidates have to submit their filled application form via online mode .
- There will be no hard copy of the application is to be sent via post.
References which is Uploaded with the Application Form
- All candidates are informed that they have to provide the references in regard to support their application. The references vary on the basis of employment:
- If the candidate is NOT employed, then the candidate will be required only one reference letter from the Ph.D there as the supervisor and another from the research adviser of the host university.
- If the candidate is employed, then the candidate will also require a professional reference is addition to the above two references.
- Note for referees
- All the referee will be contacted via e-mail mode from the concerned organizers of the Fellowship. The referees have to fill a certain application form in any of the three languages which are English, Spanish or French.
- The referees will also required to upload their CV copy.
RSM Fellowships Program Selection Process
All eligible candidates are informed that the selection process for the Fellowship program will be done on the basis of the following criteria:
- Score Awarded by Reviewers on the Research Proposal: The application form is reviewed by the concerned officer and marked a score which will be between 1 to 10 and it is done by the 2 qualified reviewers. At the time of reviewing the application form, following things are important which is to be kept in mind:
- 70% weight-age will be given to the quality of the proposed fellowship.
- 30% weight-age will be given to the productive career prospects after Ph.D.
- An Inputs provided by the Ph.D thesis supervisor and research adviser of the host institution are important elements in the application.
- The shortlisted or finalist will be selected by ”The World Bank Robert S. McNamara Secretariat ”keeping in mind the above points. The finalist names will be released in the month od April,2015
- The submission process of documents will be based on selected candidates which will be asked to submit the requisite documents which are given below:
- Scanned copy of passport (OR)
- Scanned copy of marriage/birth certificate.
- The final list of selected applicants will be brought before the World Bank Robert S. McNamara Steering Committee which comprises the WB management and World Bank Board of Directors for selection of winners.
Important Points for Winners:
All the Winners are informed that by the end of May 2015 via E-mail mode the offer letter will comprise.
- In order to accept, the candidates are suggested to take a print out copy of the letter, and sign it and then scan the copy and after that send it within 3 days of receipt.
- You need to submit a certificate of medical fitness from a reputed doctor within 30 days of receipt of the e-mail.
- You are also require to send a copy of the visa. (If the research is to conducted in the USA, candidates require a J-1 visa which means that the holder is “subject to the two-year residency rule” or a G-4 visa (if the fellow’s host institution is the World Bank or other international organization).
1818 H Street, NW
USA Washington, DC 20433
Phone: (202) 473-1000
Fax: (202) 477-6391